Sunday, January 16, 2005
Great news!
TJ went pee-pee on the toilet today, all by himself! Yes, what an exciting moment! It was not planned at all. I was joking when he got out of the bathtub today, and told me that he didn't want his diaper, and I told him he would have to go pee-pee in the toilet (which is actually his little potty seat)...and he did! Four times! Yes, the three after the first were little drops that he forced out to get me all excited again, like I did the first time. I went nuts! He loved it! Finally, you could tell he was in pain from trying to force out little tinkle drops, so I told him we had to take a break for a while and come back and try again later. He seemed pleased with that idea. Then the calling began. Yes, I called my mom, Trey's mom, and even my friend Julia! What an exciting moment! Now the fear sets in...Do I have to do this everyday now? Does this mean I have to potty-train him now? What if I mess it up? How on earth will I do this!!!!??? Kids are so complicated! Of course, I call my mom and tell her I have great news, and she says, "You got a contract on your house?" Well, I guess my news isn't THAT great...but almost as wonderful! I never could have imagined five years ago that I would be having such excitement over something so seemingly silly! I mean, just say it..."He went pee-pee on the toilet!" Yeah, life certainly does change...Karla and Mark, just wait...It's so fun! Just wait for the calls when he poops!

I watched a couple of movies today. First was Little Black Book. It was cute, and I liked the fact that it didn't end the way I wanted it to. It also got me thinking a little about Trey's past, and what his ex-girlfriends must have been like, personality wise. He's told me stuff about them, but it is coming from him, and who would tell his present woman that the past ones were totally wonderful? The next movie was King Arthur. All I can say is that I still don't have any idea what it was about, and I really did sit through the whole thing. Kinda long and boring. The fighting scenes, for some reason, didn't even hold me. Also, it has that woman in it whose lower jaw sticks out and makes her face REALLY bother me. Yes, that's cruel, but I can't help it. The one saving grace it had was that the son of the head bad guy was kinda hot, had he been missing the beard. I really think there needed to be more explaining and history to add further understanding of, well, everything. I think they tried to cram way too much into one movie, thus leaving them with not enough time to cover any of it. That's just my opinion, though. I do think, though, that if you want to see a cute movie (girls, this is more for you, I think), check out Little Black Book.

Well, gotta go get some sleep so I can go to church tomorrow. I hope you have an inspired day, please continue to pray that my house sells, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 12:39 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Mark

    That's awesome news on the Pottie Training front. I understand your confusion though. Soon as you mentioned your questions I'm all confused myself!!!

    I'm sure your place will see soon enough! What is your real-estate agent saying? Are you having a lot of people through?

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Mark

    Oh yeah...about the Wal-Mart thing. We "could" order stuff from Wal-Mart's US site (we do import some stuff from the US0 but it would have to go thru international shipping, duty at the border, additional taxes (for importing goods) etc...etc...etc...

    Add on top of that that the US dollar is higher than the Canadian dollar and it's not too appealing anymore.

    That 5 dollar t-shirt cost you 50 bucks!

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Mark

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger karla

    Oh How Exciting! Congratulations TJ! Pee-peeing on the toilet means he is getting to be such a big boy! Ohh...I'm so excited to experience all these magnificent "firsts" myself. I will totally be like you and pretty much become a cheerleading squad when our little one learns to pottie on the toilet too!

    Just to follow up with what Mark answered about buying online from Walmart in the US...I remember when we were planning our wedding, I found so many more things that I wanted online, but could only be purchased in the US (like disposable cameras that matched my theme and had white roses on them). They were a great deal, even after converting over to the Canadian Dollar. I order alot of stuff from the US actually, and although I have to pay customs and tax when it crosses the border, its not soooo bad....UNLESS, they ship with UPS. Then you start getting into all these brokerage fees, so my $100 package ended up costing at $250 Canadian. I almost flipped out!

    Now I make sure I understand how everything is shipped before I buy! My trick when ordering on E-Bay is to have my stuff marked as "gift" so I dont have to pay customs! :)

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Christi

    Ewwww...the whole international thing sucks! Well, if you ever need to order anything via US shipping, let me know and I'll get it and ship it to you, as a "gift". I guess that will be cheaper, right? I don't get all that kinda stuff. I always wonder what it would be like to go to Mexico, but I figure it'd be more trouble than it's worth!

    Thanks for the congrats for TJ. It's going to be so much fun for you guys!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger K. Inez

    " TJ went pee-pee on the toilet today, all by himself!"

    woohoo! Congrats!