Monday, January 17, 2005
I need a nap!
And I can't have one!!! I am SO tired after today. You would think that I ran 100K marathon or something. Today my nephew, Blake, and neice, Julia, came over to hang out. I learned firsthand what having another child is going to be like. What's funny is that they really weren't that much work. I mean, they ar 4 and 6, and they are pretty self-sufficient. I'm really not sure why I am so exhausted. It's not like I don't watch kids all day that are ten times harder to keep up with. We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch, b/c they have an indoor playset. They loved that, and it was pretty cool b/c their friends showed up. TJ had fun, too, as there were lots of kids there. He had no idea what was going on, but he just ran around like the rest of them, and with all the noise, he was just excited! Then we went home and watched Shrek 2, and by that time I already needed a break. Thankfully they kinda calmed down to watch it, and TJ just chilled by himself (he won't watch tv for more than ten seconds unless he's in his high chair!). Afterwards, once it had warmed up a little bit, we went to the playground and ran around for a while. This was hard, b/c it is right next to a lake, and trying to keep up with three running kids, all at different speed levels, was scary and challenging. TJ insisted on running the opposite way of any way I wanted him to go. Blake ran 8 miles ahead, and was determined to fall in the water. Julia did exactly what I asked her to do, and stayed right with me, until I'd have to run back and get TJ! It was fun at the playground, though, b/c we got to feed the ducks, geese, and seagulls (Why on earth are they there!?????) almost an entire bag of Cheerios. They liked that. Anyway, once we got back from the playground TJ passed out, Julia colored quietly, and Blake played a computer game and watched some tv. It was great...nice, quiet time. See, none of that was hard, or really that tiring. So why am I so tired now? It was so fun, and I'm so glad I got to watch them. I could go to sleep right now, if only TJ would, too, and that will never happen!

Alright, I have a question for the world. I am about to have my second kid (you know, in a few months). I have to buy a new infant car seat carrier for the new kid, but that's all I HAVE to have. However, I can't find a carrier that matches the stroller I have. Plus, the carrier itself is $100 or more! For just a little more, I could go ahead and buy the stroller to match. These are just single strollers, though. Anyway, what I would like to know is if anyone out there who has two kids about 2 years apart or so got a double stroller, used a double stroller, didn't get a double stroller, or what. In other words, I need to know if there's any use in getting one, which one I should get if I should get one (side-by-side or front/back), did anyone use theirs, if they didn't how they dealt with a kid that could walk, etc., etc...I have been researching, and I've about decided to just go ahead and get another stroller. I have one I want, but it's not a double stroller. I don't know what to do. HELP!

Alright, I hope you have a great day, and I'll talk to you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 7:55 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Unknown

    It sounds like you did plenty today. I can see why you would be tired. Being in charge of children who are not your own or that you are not used to watching a lot is mentally tiring also, which I think has just as much effect on how you feel at the end of the day.

    Somebody gave me a used double stroller that didn't work really well. When Alison was little I carried her in the sling and pushed Andrew in the regular stroller. When she got big enough I stuck her between Andrew's legs and pushed them together. If you plan to do much strolling at all, and you can get a decent one, then I'd say yes, get the double stroller. TJ will need to be strolled for quite a while still. We still use our stroller for Alison, and she will be 4 in April.