Monday, January 17, 2005
Oh, what an exciting day!
Today was a great day! We were so busy, but yet, it was worth every second.

First, we went to church. That was great, b/c I haven't been in a few weeks, and I was starting to feel bad. I love going to church, so I don't know why I haven't gone lately, aside from when I was out of town or sick. I told Pastor Jones to have a good sermon this week, and he did. It was like he was speaking to me about my life. That's what I truly love about him...somehow it always seems like he's talking directly to me about an important issue in my life. Plus, he's a really cool guy!

We went directly from church to Ashley and Leah's house. Leah is TJ's girlfriend, and the one I have chosen to be his wife someday. Perhaps you didn't think that arranged marraiges still existed? They do. I'm doing it, and you can't stop me! We went to lunch, and then went to the aquarium. Today it was only a dollar to get in. Julia was right when she said it would be way too crowded, and it would suck. I expected as much, but since it was only a dollar, I didn't much care. It was more to hang out than actually enjoy the views. What really bothered me was just that with so many people there, there were tons of kids running around with no parents in sight. I know this b/c many times kids that were old enough to know better would walk right in front of Leah and TJ, and I kept waiting for their parents to correct their rudeness. No luck. That was kinda scary to me. What really sucked the most about it, though, was that it was just a pathetic aquarium. I kept thinking there was all this cool stuff, as was Ashley. Upon searching for it all, we realized that we were both thinking of the Myrtle Beach aquarium! So, we feel like we got a dollar's worth, but not much more. At least we didn't have to pay full price to get in.

Afterwards, we went to the park. That was the highlight of the day. It was cold as all get-up out there, but that didn't phase them. They ran around all over the place, and had a great time. I thought it was funny, b/c TJ's new thing is "very well". An example is when he went to swing and the bars were cold. I ran and got his little gloves, and tried to put them on. His fingers all kept going into the same hole, and he said, "Mommy, I don't think these fit very well. I want to take them off." Like, where did my kid get this from? No one I know says "very well". He even says "lie down" instead of "lay down", which is incorrect. I thought maybe he got it from his grandparents, but no. I have listened to every one of them, and no one I can find says that. We all say it wrong! ???? Anyway, back to the playground, that was lots of fun.

We went back to Leah's house and played and had pizza. Well, I think b/t the two of them, they had about two bites of pizza, maybe. The main motivator to get them to eat seemed to be when the other one would try to take their food. Fun stuff! It was fun to just get to hang out and talk and have TJ be with a peer. The best part, though, was when we went to leave. I asked TJ if he was going to tell Leah bye bye. He walked up to her, took her plug and his out, tilted her head, then his, and laid on a long, passionate kiss. I'm not kidding...this thing lasted about 20 seconds, which is a LONG time for a 2 year old! Both Ashley's and my jaw dropped. It was a little scary. I REALLY don't know where he got that one! I can assure you, he doesn't see Mommy and Daddy kiss like that! My kid's a regular player!

It was such a fun cool day! I wish I could have more of them. I told Ashley, though, that at least since we can't, it makes us appreciate the times we can even more. It just makes it harder to get TJ to fall in love with Leah when he can't see her more often! I suppose I will be going now. I hope this was as exciting to read as it was to go through. I just realized it may not thrill you to hear about my day with two kids! Well, either way, I hope you have a marvelous day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 12:02 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Mark

    Sounds like you had a great day. Nothing better then a day that goes "very well". It helps you lie down and get a good night sleep.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Aww! How cute!