Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Just a couple of notes before bed...
My antibiotics and what-not have hit me pretty hard tonight, so please excuse me if my writing's not at its best.

First off, I just now realized that you can't see my pics that are listed on the side, can you? I always just thought you could click on the link, and it would take you right to them. I just noticed that it only does that for me, b/c I'm signed in! Well, poo-poo! I'll have to figure out some way to make that work. If you know of one, do let me know. So, that's why I have posted the pics of my niece, nephew, and sister-in-law below, b/c I didn't realize that when I told Karla to look there, she couldn't. (PS-If you also want to see Wesley, their daddy, just let me know. I've got him on candid camera too!)

So, on with the story...I have added a couple of new blogs to my list of current reads, b/c I am getting even more excited about being prego, and I have found a couple more cool prego sites through Karla's page. You should check them out if you get a chance. I especially like Tim's, b/c he's the dad in the situation, and, like Daemon's, it's fun to see it from their perspective!

Also, back to Gina for a minute. She wrote something today on Karla's site that gave me happy chills. She told Karla that she had been praying for her in her time of need via my asking, and I got giddy with excitement. I mean, I really and truly did want people to pray, and hoped that they were, but when she said it, it just made it all the more real, and showed the true power of what it can do. I feel like such a gimp lately, b/c it seems that that's all I can talk about, but it's just a revelation that I can't yet get over. Ain't life grand! Anyway, I may have to say more on this later. I had to drive to Lancaster today to get TJ, and I had lots of time to think, and I was thinking about how my life is changing for the good, and how I seem to be overcoming the life I was raised in to be a much more positive person. Well, at least I think so. Anyway, when I have more time, and my brain is more controlled, I might write more on this...

Oh, and I am quite a bit upset. I saw on the news today that Bush is cutting domestic spending by 1%, which seems like nothing. However, that little bit is going to cut the revitalization programs that Columbia has working right now, which was making it a better place for everyone to live (and which it really needs). Bush claims that our national deficit can't be ignored, so we have to make cuts to try to fix it. Okay, so let me get this straight...We are spending BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS of dollars to fund a war to make the world better for the people of Iraq. Okay, I get that. Of course, in the process, we are going into major debt. Okay, I get that, too. But let's see...deficit over saving the world...I've got it! Let's cut spending to help the people of our own country and let it go to hell! There you go! We need that money to build a better Iraq! Who cares about housing for our poor and underpaid! Who cares about spending money on education! My kids have a nice house. My kids are well educated. We must help Iraq rebuild and become a wonderful place to live! Yes, Bush, thank you. Meanwhile, our slums will stay slums, and our children will become stupid. Then, perhaps one day in the near future, the well educated Iraqi children that you helped to save can come and take over our country and live in the nice houses that are left over. That would be nice.

I'm not sure if that all made sense, but anyway, I'm pretty upset at that news. Again, I'm drugged, so if it didn't make sense, then please blame the drugs. Alrighty then, I'm off to bed now. I hope you all have a terrific day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:15 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Mark

    If you are using Windows XP browse to the folder where your pictures are currently saved (for example: "C:\My Pictures\") look on the side bar (down the left hand side of the screen) you will see an option that reads: Publish This Folder to the WebThen, select the pictures you want to publish, sign in with your Microsoft Passport account (your hotmail or MSN account) and voila...pictures posted to the web.

    That's how Karla and I do it anyway.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Mark

    You raise a really interesting idea here. I don't know enough about this stuff though to comment :-(

    So, I just managed to say that I agree...I need to know more and I'll reserve comment for later. And it's only taken about 5 lines to say basically nothing.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Christi

    I raised a good idea about what?

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Christi

    What is more important to me is that people in my country have a place to live. I understand that we had to take a stand to protect our freedom. However, our money is also going toward helping rebuild their country. My country is in shambles, and it is more important to me to have places for our homeless to live than for them to have places for theirs.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Mark

    I agree Susan that government should be a two way street. You owe government taxes and they owe you services. It's that simple. What you can get for those tax dollars depends on who you elect. The current US administration has focused on fighting the war on terror as they said they would do. Love it or hate it, at least GW Bush is keeping his word.

    As far as international alienation, the Bush administration doesn't have a good track record on keeping in good with it's allies (see protests everywhere on the planet) however they do seem to be trying to fix that the 2nd time around. Bush visited us up here not so long ago. Mrs. Rice is on a fence mending tour throughout Europe. Who knows it if will work, only time will tell and only US Citizens can determine if they care.

    As far as social programs go, you can hardly suggest that they are poor in concept or design.

    The public school system is by far one the things that makes the free world free. It provides a poor kid to with equal access to knowledge allowing them to dream and invent something in his or her garage and build a company like Apple Computers. Hardly a waste of taxpayer dollars or accepting a hand-out.

    Also, a social program is not designed to be a way of life but is designed to be a protective buffer. A case in point: after my wife became pregnant I decided to quit my good job for a better job. The risk being that I may lose my job while on probation.

    I wasn't concerned though because a social program would protect me and my family. Now, I pay more in tax to my government because I earn more! I was also able to increase my disposable income so I am pumping more money into the global economy (this is good for both Canadian and American businesses).

    Social programs help us collaboratively maintain our freedom by giving people the tools they need to succeed without fear. People who are afraid to fail cannot make the steps to persue change. A lack of change breeds a lack of innovation and without innovation you certainly can't stay on top.

    People should not be ashamed for falling back on social programs as this is exactly the purpose for which they are intended!

    Without them, God help us all!

    FYI: Both the US and Canada are both Republics, not democracies, meaning we elect people to represent us. Once elected, we have no say over what happens (ie: you can't vote on issues day to day which is the essence of a democracy). Democracy is essencially "mob rule" and would not come with the checks and balances built into most functioning elected governments.

    Learn more about that here.

    Sorry for the long comment.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Mark

    I only hope that Hillary Clinton does too!
    I can't vote in the US election but it's fun to watch!

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Mark

    Yeah, Fox News just finally got clearance to re-broadcast in Canada under the name Fox News Canada (very original).

    I'm sure he can't be as offensive at Pat Buchanan was with that Soviet Canuckistan comment. If I see the show I'll post about it.

    On the other hand, I've often wondered what you guys would think of our media if you watched it; particularily coverage on US issues.

    Next time I see something interesting that makes me wonder what you would think I'll link to it on my blog.