Monday, February 14, 2005
It's VD!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Today went reasonably well. I had a couple of classes that were pains in the butt, but for the most part they were good. It's so funny how one student can change an entire class. My second period used to be my best class all day, and one student was put in there a couple of weeks ago, and they haven't sat down or shut up since. Wierd. What's worse is that you can't just deal with that one kid, b/c when you do, the rest go crazy. M was not in class today, and his class went PERFECTLY! I can't wait until he's moved from my roll. I found this little word find thingy where they had to cross off the word love 50 times in the search part, and the leftover letters made a secret message--"Will you be my Valentine?" I told them it was a special secret from me to them, and that they had to write down what it was, answer it, and don't tell anyone what it said. They all really got into it, which was so cute! Plus, everyone who remembered to answer my message said "Yes!" I was so touched...I made sure to get all silly like I was going to cry everytime I saw one with yes on it. You should have seen the smiles on their faces! Those were some of the moments I will take with me when I leave. I am so happy to say there are many more like that that I will always remember.

I had a lot of fun this weekend. I went home to go to a birthday party for Leah, TJ's girlfriend who's a month younger than him. It was pretty cool. The whole time, actually whole weekend, TJ was very VERY bashful. He clung to me, even stuck his head in my butt! We spent the night at Ashley's house (Leah's mom), and Saturday night we watched The Notebook. That was a great movie. It was a love story, a total tear-jerker--perfect for tonight! Will, Ashley's fiance', does lighting for movies, and he worked on the movie, so it was especially cool to be able to see his name in the credits. Yesterday we didn't do much, but TJ did get to run around in Leah's yard for a while. It made me feel bad. He had so much fun just running around outside. We don't have that here. I mean, we can take him somewhere to run around, but I can't just open the door and let him run out into the yard. We have to prepare for TJ to be able to just be free! I can't honestly say when we'll have a yard again, at the rate we're going. I guess I'll just have to do the best I can, eh?

One last thing...Do take a minute to check out Gina and Wesley's new blogs. They have joined the revolution! It's all because of you guys, so we must support them in their new endeavors. Plus, Gina's got some SUPER CUTE pics of the family on hers. Wesley has promised great things, and threw out a few compliments and special thoughts to the dads-to-be I love to read from so much. Plus, I'm related, so I gotta look out for my peeps!

Hey, how about this...Tell me all about how your Valentine's Day went, if you celebrated. I'd love to hear. Of course, if you're posting it anyway, no need to write it again, but I really would love to hear. Or, tell a good past V-Day story. Whatever...I'm just really in the love mood today (must be all my special Valentines I have!). I don't get to celebrate Valentine's Day on the day, ever, so I'll live vicariously through you guys! I hope your day is simply lovely, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:07 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger gina

    we celebrated on saturday night- got a sitter, went to see HITCH, omg such a good movie, and then went to meritage, which is a tapas bar. no, not topless, TAPAS as in appetizers. so fun!!! wes cooked creme brulee and got me a certificate for a pedicure/manicure. so sweet!!! i love VD. as in the holiday :) xox
    glad to hear your kids were sweet to you today. that makes me happy. thanks for the props on the blog. i am getting a bunch of my online friends to jump on the wagon. hold yo'horses.
    love ya happy day to you

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger karla

    I guess you've already heard, but our little baby's heart arrythmia appears to have resolved itself. What could be more perfect on V-Day than learning that your baby's heart problem is gone? It was the best V-Day gift ever.

    Surprisingly, I wasn't in the mood to do much. After I heard the good news it was like this huge weight had been lifted off my shoulder and I was just overcome with the most immense exhaution. I could barely hold my eyes open all night.

    I guess I finally let go of whatever stress I was carrying around.

    We did manage to squeeze some chocolate cake into our night though...gotta have the chocolate!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Christi

    Ummm, I'm happy for you and your great news Karla, but must you always have to rub in the chocolate thing! (You know I'm just kidding, right!)

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger karla

    Oh NO! Christi! I'm so sorry!
    Hee hee
    I totally forgot that you have given up chocolate for lent when I wrote that comment!

    I'm so bad! Sorry 'bout that!

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Christi

    No problemo. I think Trey's a little upset about it, though. I'm sure he was hoping for some sort of chocolate for VD. Instead he got a coffee cup with a picture of TJ and him on it. He can drink hot chocolate out of it and rub it in a little for me!