Friday, February 11, 2005
Ahhh, how nice...
It is wonderful to say that today went MUCH better than yesterday. Of course, at school all we did for the most part was watch movies. I kinda expected we would, though. They said we were going to watch A Long Walk Home during 1st and 2nd, which got moved to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. That worked PERFECTLY for me! My first period class is a bunch of jerks. I had a newspaper assignment for them, that was really easy and didn't require my assistance, for the most part. So I got to chill with them. Then, my second period just came and watched the movie for two periods. For some reason they kept them till fourth (?), which was fine. They got on the computers, slept, or helped me clean up and organize my room. It looks so much better now, thanks to Derrick and Ray! (That was my shout-out!) After lunch I was forced to teach to my fifth period class, who didn't seem too into the idea. However, I got a decent amount of work out of them. Then, again for some strange reason, they held them over during sixth, and we watched Apollo 13...well, about half of it at least! Anyway, a pretty easy day, with very little drama. Ahhhhhh.....

TJ's girlfriend, Leah, is having her 2nd birthday party tomorrow in Summerville. Her mom just told me today, so I had to rush out and get her a present. I think she'll like it, though. I found some little t-shirts on sale at Old Navy that are just so cute, and just right for spring! Then I found a magnetic board with little wooden ABC's on it, a white board, and a chalkboard. I think Leah can have a great time with that! I felt bad b/c TJ thought it was his, and he really wanted his ABC toy (he doesn't have one). However, after I explained that it wasn't his, everytime he saw it, he would go, "No, no, that's Leah's toy (with extra stress on LEEEAAAHHHH). I can't play with that." It was so cute! It was like me and chocolate. "No, no, that's chocolate. I can't eat that...I gave it up." Did I mention that I gave up chocolate for Lent? If not, well, I did. I do believe this will be a VERY hard month coming! I am so looking forward to Easter. I told Trey I'm going to buy Cadbury Easter Eggs every week until Easter, and when I can eat chocolate again, I'm going to eat them until I'm too sick to move. I love me some Cadbury Eggs!

Isn't it hard to believe that one day can be SOOOO bad, and the next day be so great? It's like, how can life be so polar? Wonder what tomorrow will be like? You just never know.

Oh, and I found out that Gina, Wesley and the kids will be in Charleston for a birthday party on Sunday. I will most likely spend the night Saturday night, which means I, too, will be in the area. I got a little excited, thinking we could meet up somewhere or something. Then I realized that I have no idea what we would do. I thought about going to the SUPER AWESOME Gahagan playground if the weather's nice. They probably won't want to, though. Maybe we can just meet and grab some food or something before we all head back. Or, maybe we can just wait and see each other some other time. It just seems cool that someone I know, besides those who live there, will be in the same town as me at the same time! Not a big coincidence (they, too, used to live there), but seemingly HUGE to me!

Oh, and one last thing. It seems that my ranting about Bush the other day got some people all in a tizzy. My take on what I say about what I think on here is this: If you agree with me, fine. If you don't agree with me, fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just felt like spewing mine off at the moment, and really didn't mean to start a debate. I don't mind people commenting on the issue, or my feelings about it. However, unless I ask, I don't really feel like debating or defending my position, either. What really got me thinking about all of this was, of course, some strange comments posted to my post the other day (from whom, I have no idea), and Jin's blog. She is living in Iowa right now to go to school, and she hates it there. Fair enough. She tells people she hates it and why, and these people get on and go off on her, calling her mean names and insulting everything about her. I understand that when you write on here, and allow comments, then you are welcoming people to voice their opinions on what they write. However, what you write is what you think. It doesn't mean that the reader has to agree with you, or needs to change your opinion. It just means that that person is taking advantage of the free internet space they were given to say what they want. It just seems to me that people get way too touchy about some of these things. Who knows! Anyway, I'm voting for Hillary in 2008, just to voice my thoughts. Hopefully that won't upset too many people, nor will I lose too many friends. Go Hillary!

Alrighty then, I hope you have a supercalifragilisticexpealidocious day! I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:58 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Kewl. I'm glad you had a better day.

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Mark

    If I could vote in 2008 I would vote for Hillary too!

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Just thought I would drop by to say hello. I have read your last few posts and must come by again.

    Sounds like you're in a horrific school or at least a school with many horrific staff members.

    Can't believe all the rhetoric about you're relatively innocuous Bush comments. Say what you want; it's you're blog!!!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger karla

    Yeay! Go Hillary!
    Your story about giving up chocolate for lent reminded me of my mom and how she gave up chips for lent last year. Something must have lit a fire on her ass after that because she went out and bought a treadmill and lost 40lbs last year too. I forgot to ask her what she is doing for lent this year...

    sorry...not suggesting you should lose weight there..just made me think of my mom and her story about how lent changed her life :)

    Im jealous you have the will power to give up chocolate. I gave up trying to pretend I can resist it!!!

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger karla

    ok...just thinking about your comment on my blog about having the epidural for TJ and that it costs 500 bucks! (and you were charged twice for the first one that didnt work).
    I hope you dont mind me asking, and if you do, compeletely ignore this comment, but my curiousity has gotten the best of me.
    What does it cost to have a baby in the US?

    And what would happen to someone like me who now requires weekly appointments and ultrasounds and a fetal echocardiogram every three weeks?

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Christi

    Well, Karla, I know that if you are in the network for your insurance, and you go to their approved places, then it's usually, I think, about $800 or so, all-in-all. TJ cost a LOT more than that, b/c the only hospital we could go to in our network with my old insurance was known for staph (sp?) infections with pregnant people, and just a horrible hick-town hospital in general. I didn't know anyone in Lanc. who would have sent me there in good faith. So, we went to Charlotte instead, which was about a half hour away, and a WONDERFUL hospital. However, it was right on the border of SC and NC (but considered NC), so it wasn't a part of our SC network. My insurance paid for some of the costs, but much less than it would have if in the network. We decided it was much better just to pay extra and not take the risk, than to go to the other hospital. I'm really glad we chose that, also. Later, when TJ was about a year old or so, he had a really bad fever in the middle of the night, and we opted just to take him to the LA hospital. It was just an all-around bad experience! I don't know if most people pay the $500 for their epidurals, or if I'll have to pay for mine this time. I do know, though, that we haven't even finished paying for TJ yet, so I hope they charge us for very little!