Tuesday, February 22, 2005
Is it over yet?
Someone please tell me that it's Friday already. This has been a long week, and it's barely begun! Oh well.

Today actually went pretty well. We cooked in class, and it worked out as planned. I had to tell some of my kids that they couldn't cook or eat, since they hadn't earned it. Some took it well, and did their work. Most did not. I had to put up with a lot of upset students. I feel bad, too, b/c I gave in on a few of them and let them eat by making deals with them. I don't think that was good sticking to my guns, but I am just a big ol' woos! However, in the process, I realized that assuming that my kids know to behave in order to receive rewards is just too much to ask of them (very sad, isn't it?). So, I have decided that everyday as they enter class I will remind them that they can earn their points (They can get 10, 5, or 0--5 and 0 are not good) by behaving. That way, they know I'm watching. Perhaps that will help, and maybe they will behave more. I mean, they aren't usually bad or anything, but we have our days, and some are just plain jerks most of the time. One yesterday wouldn't sit down or shut up the entire class, and when I told him he couldn't eat today, said, "But I was really good yesterday!" Sometimes I wonder if we live in different worlds....

Anyway, you should try making apple fritters sometime. They are so good! It's kinda like the elephant ears at the fair, with apples fried into them. That's what we made today (quite messy for high school boys), and not only did they smell wonderful, they tasted delicious! Even JCO's were asking me for the recipe, just based on smell alone. All the boys were like, "Can I get that recipe?" One of my "toughest" boys said he was going to be the boy on the block that they call on to make the apples. He really enjoyed himself. Hopefully that will motivate him to do his best in my class, so he can participate again! The best part was that it was cheap, and really easy to make.

I watched the girls on American Idol tonight. I know I really liked the little blonde country girl, but some of the other ones the judges liked, I couldn't stand. I missed the guys last night, but I doubt I missed much. I am waiting for them to narrow it down to the top 12, and then I'll start to get into it. Anyone else watch the show, or as addicted as I am? I actually only voted for Diana DiGarmo (yes, that's right, I couldn't stand Fantasia--her voice made my skin crawl) about 30 times or so. So I guess I'm not quite as fanatic, but...Do you guys get that show in Canada?

Well, I guess that's my day in a nutshell, and anything I missed, you're probably better off not knowing. I hope you have a scrumptious day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:54 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Yes, we do. It's one of the few things that I watch. I missed the very first one but watched Rueben and Clay, and Fantasia. We also have a Canadian Idol, but as I mused to Cuppa last night, when a commercial saud that Canada watches American Idol, I don't suppose that also means that America watches Canadian Idol. As far as Fantasia, the ones who could have truly given her a run for it got voted out too early: Latoya (?), Jennifer (?). On the whole this year's crop looks a lot stronger than last year's to me.

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger karla

    I think its funny that we have such similar parenting styles, but so far, we have nothing in common when it comes to TV :)
    I'm not an American Idol fan, or a simpsons fan, and definetely not an OC fan.

    I like watching Desperate housewives, Las Vegas, CSI Miami and ER. Thats about the only shows I watch I think....along with whatever is good on the discovery channel!

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Sadi

    I love apple fritters! And the name Taryn Reese. Are you pregnant? Your job sound so challenging!

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Mark

    yeah, unfortunately we are unlucky enough that we get double-doses of the "InsertCountryNameHere" Idol franchise.

    Every season we get both Canadian and American Idol and they advertise the snot out of both of them.

    I just wish they'd do a Canadian Big Brother so I could go on it. That's the best reality show going.