Sunday, February 27, 2005
I did it!
I finally dragged myself to Sunday School today! I'm so glad I did. It was pretty cool, and there are some people in there I would love to be friends with. I have to say that overall the class time is not fun. People seem really wary of commenting on the lessons, and there are only a small few who do. I feel like they are not really getting into it and wanting to learn what is being taught. It kinda felt like when I'm teaching a lesson and no one cares (which is more often than I care to admit!). I kept thinking to myself what I would do differently if I had to teach the lesson in order to get more participation. Who knows, if I keep going I may just find out! There was a girl in there who's due in May who looks like I did at about 3 months! I was a little jealous. Also, there is a girl who's due in April with twins. I am almost as big as her! Why, why am I so huge! Oh well, I'm not worried, b/c if my baby girl needs plenty of room to move and grow, then so be it. She will still come out the most beautiful thing to ever walk the earth (aside from TJ, and all the babies that you guys have that you think the same about!)!

So I got to watch Blake and Julia last night. It was fun. They read me books. Blake is right on the verge of getting it. He knows a lot of sight words, but doesn't sound them out, I don't think. I kept asking him what different sounds were, and he just kinda looked at me. Wes and Gina are going to flip soon, though, b/c he will be picking up any book and just flying through it in no time! Julia had a book memorized that Blake read to me, and it was so fun to watch her read it! She didn't even look at the words! I can't wait till TJ starts memorizing books. It thrilled me today when we were at the store. He was singing something really quietly, and I had to listen hard. He was saying, "I am not your broom. I am not your broom." This makes no sense to you, but it's the name of a song, and most of the words to it, that is on his They Might be Giants cd that we listen to all the time in the car. I kept wondering if he really liked any of that music and would learn any of the words, or if it was just me that liked it, and he was tolerating it. Then, on the way home he cheered after each song ended. Oh yaaaa! It's not like he hasn't memorized more songs than I can imagine, but it just seemed really cool that he got a song from the radio!

I think I lost my original train of thought there, but anyway, I had fun last night, and I'm glad Wes and Gina got to go out. They said they'd be back by 1, and what they meant by that was 9:45! Oh, to be parents of small children! I picked on them b/c I just knew they thought of their kids part of the time. Gina said they were on the way home, and she was like, "Let's stop and get them some donuts to surprise them in the morning!" I have to say, I love being able to do that! I get more joy out of seeing TJ happy and talking about him than any other thing in my life. Of course, most of the rest of my life is filled with a miserable job, but....I love Trey, and love spending time with him, and I love my friends and time with them as well. All of that is fun. However, I don't know what it is or why, but most of the time I can't even control myself from talking about TJ non-stop. I always wonder if people get tired of hearing about him, but then I don't really care. I even love hearing about other people's kids. It's exciting to hear and talk about all the wonderful things they do and accomplish! Plus, kids are just so darn funny and entertaining! Every time I see Trey, one of us has to tell the other something funny TJ did. I even got excited about a little 2 year old sitting next to me in church today. I'm sure her mom wondered why I kept looking at her kid and getting a big goofy smile on my face, but oh well. She was so cute, and doing the exact same things I would expect TJ to do in church!

Well, that post really went nowhere, but that's what's on my mind right now. I hope you are having a terrific day, and that tomorrow is equally as great. I am going now, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 3:49 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Yeah for you! It's hard not to be wrapped up in your kids, especially when they are young. I am the same way!

    I went to a new church today that I think is the one. If you're here on a weekend sometime I'd love for you to check it out with me. I'll probably post about it on my blog later.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger karla

    Have you ever thought about teaching Sunday School? I bet you would be awsome at that! My friend teaches Sunday school and it sounds like they cover some really interesting topics...

    I bet you arent nearly as big as you think you are! I always feel so big too, but they way you feel and actually look are two totally different things I have come to discover when it comes to pregnancy. :)

    Hey...did you get your Mayo Complete Book of Pregnancy and Baby's first year book yet? I got mine in the mail on Friday. Its great. Been going over and over and over the labour and delivery section....yikes that coming so soon...

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Christi

    Yeah, I did. I meant to tell you. It came on Friday to me, too. I had forgotten about it, and it freaked me out a little to get a big package from State Farm! I haven't had a chance to look over it yet, but at first glance it looks cool. Very huge! It must cover EVERYTHING!

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I see you were just online a moment ago. I'm taking a short break, but I'm writing a huge novel, I mean blog post about some of the spiritual changes I'm going through. This is hard.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Christi

    Oh, Susan, you're the best sister a girl could ever have! I'm not kidding you, I am reading this in class, and I actually got some tears in my eyes! The kids laughed at me, for good reason. I can't wait till Easter!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger LK

    Just popped by to say hello and thanks for the link. I'll update mine soon :) For now, I'm going to read more of your blog, have a great day!