Wednesday, September 24, 2008
I try, I really do...
Lately, my blog posting has hit its worst point. I have slowed down since having three kids, but now, I might as well not even try...

But I do, I really do. Sadly, I just have to prioritize, and time does not usually allow for blogging! I have a serious mental problem about filth in my house, and it's all I can do to just try to keep on top of it (unsuccessfully, of course!), so I spend a LOT of time on that. Perhaps one day I will get back to blogging again on some sort of regular basis. Till then, though, I'm sure the two of you that actually still bother to check will manage to go on with your lives and move on w/o much of a life change!

Soooooo, today Taryn and I had "Best Girl Friend Girl Time" together. We went and got our hair cut, and we went shopping for a tiny bit (I got her a little Polly Pocket doll, and after that she could have cared less what we did!). Then we came home and played Barbies together while the boys were at karate class. She really enjoyed it, and I'm really glad I got to spend some one-on-one time with her, even if we were mostly just getting our hair cut! Speaking of the haircuts, we went pretty drastic. I don't know if I mentioned before that TJ cut our hair a while back, but he did, and he botched Taryn's up something fierce. I'd been trying to let it grow out, but it was just driving me up the wall. Her hair, no matter how many times I brushed it or put it up, just looked like a big rat's nest b/c a large patch of it was missing. She now has a pixie cut, and it is SUPER cute!



Trey, of course, hates it, but that's just too bad. This is not the ideal haircut I would wish for her. However, b/t her putting candy in her hair, and TJ chopping it, as long as she keeps this up, she'll be stuck with the best haircuts we can get to repair her messes! My kudos go out to the awesome hairstylist, LeeLee, who fixed it for her. She ROCKS!

Someone else who rocks is my hairstylist from today. Sadly, I can't keep her name in my brain, but she was very cool. I wanted something that is less heavy in the back, since I sweat profusely from my head, and ponytails are starting to get very heavy. I asked for a wedge, I think it's called, b/c I saw a woman with one yesterday that I thought I MUST have. She delivered, and I like it. She put a lot of products in it, so I'm not exactly sure how it will look once it's left to my devices. I didn't take this pic till after I'd been cleaning the garage for a few hours, then cooked dinner, so I'm pretty sure this is how it will always look.


Please forgive the awful pictures. I took them myself, and I'm not the best at self-portraits!

Something else I find completely adorable, and that has nothing to do with the previous subject, is that Cole has a tendency lately to fall asleep on the couch whenever he's tired and TJ plays Guitar Hero. He'll sit with the controllers or the other guitar we have on his lap, and watch TJ play until he completely passes out. He's particularly susceptible to "Fire and Flames", or something like that, which doesn't make me want to do anything but pull my hair out! It's funny b/c TJ turns the music up VERY LOUD, but he's totally oblivious to it. When he's not tired, he dances like crazy to it. I'm ready to move on from Guitar Hero, but both TJ and Trey are addicted to it, and when they're not playing it, they're playing the music as just background music in the house. Yeah, it gets VERY old after a while!



If you happen to notice the tape on his waste in the second pic, in case I haven't told you this before, we have to tape his diapers on now (under clothes or not), b/c otherwise he'll take them off and pee all over the place! Nice, eh?

Cole also loves the cat. They are BEST friends. He'll sometimes let her in and put food on the floor for her to eat while he hangs out and talks to her and pets her.



I know the third one is awful, but I wanted you to see how he lays with her.

Btw, I really do dress him. He just takes his clothes off whenever possible, in the attempt to get to his diaper faster to take it off! He's beyond obsessed with his, ummmm, "man parts". Great!

While I'm on it, TJ is doing great in school. He's learned about the seven continents, and is now learning about each in detail. We're flying through his math lessons, b/c he already knows all of the stuff in them. We finally just yesterday got the last of his school supplies, so we are cookin' now! I was getting a little discouraged about the online classes he has to take, b/c they are LONG and BORING, but I think if we can just work through those, we'll be well on our way to SUCCESS!



Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Oh, I guess I'll update on Trey, too. He cleaned out the garage today, and it looks FABULOUS! I tell ya, I'm a busy woman, but man am I lucky to have the great family I've got! I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon...or later!
 
posted by Christi at 10:17 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Your house is cleaner than mine, and I don't have three small children and a nearly full time job. So yeah, I can see how that would keep you busy. I think the haircuts are cute. In that face forward picture of you I saw TJ's eyes exactly in yours. I don't usually see it so clearly in regular life. But wow! The resemblance is amazing.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey, I thought you were getting out of the K12 thing--what's going on?? I like your haircuts--they're real cute. Let me let you in on a little secret... Long hair may be sexy and men like it etc., but SHORT hair ROCKS!! The shorter the better. MUCH easier to take care of and doesn't get messed up as easily. Mom/MiMi

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Kurt

    She looks like a boy, but a very cute boy!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Unknown

    No she doesn't! Any little boy with a haircut like that would be called a sissy.