Saturday, March 08, 2008
OUCH!
Yesterday, I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and I chose to lie on the couch for a little bit while the kids ate their breakfast. Cole and Taryn chose to climb all over me. It sucked. Cole decided that he really wanted to play on the end table next to the couch. That's a no-no in our house. So, I pulled his leg to get him back down onto the couch. Somehow, in the process, he got turned upside-down and his head came crashing down onto my nose. It hurt. A LOT. Strangely, my eyes didn't well up with tears as they usually do when my nose gets hurt, but it was painful beyond anything that has ever happened to my nose before. It still hurts now, and it's giving me a nasty headache. I don't think it's swollen, at least not much, but man it hurts!

TJ started karate last week. The teacher said he did really well, which is good. Julia said he's not the type to tell parents their kid is doing well if they're not, so that makes me happy.

Cole is also doing his swimming lessons now. He's not quite taking to it like Taryn did, but maybe he'll open up soon enough. Thankfully, this time we only have to go every Saturday, instead of every other day.

Oh, get this: We have found a BABYSITTER! She's perfect! The kids love her! She charges a decent rate! I'm so HAPPY! We went out last night and ate at Carabba's (sadly, all we had time for after we spent an hour and a half waiting to sit at my brother's table!). It was great! We got out and got to be ALONE for the first time in I don't know how long. I can't wait till we can afford to hire her again and go out, and neither can the kids! Oh, and Kurt, if you read this...I found her on craigslist!

I've got probably a hundred more things to tell, but I have to go to bed now. Gotta work in a couple hours, since we changed the clocks. UGH! I was gonna tell you about this drama at work, and see what you thought, but I guess I'll wait till it plays out, then I'll have more to say!

Have a great day! See you later!
 
posted by Christi at 10:22 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Craigslist! I used it for everything in the major American city i used to live in, but it hasn't been as effective in the major American city where I live now.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger gina

    i didnt realize Kurt moved. i am wondering if young blake will be getting a "hello" soon?
    hmm...
    anyway, glad you found a sitter! didnt realize Brother in law of mine was at carrabas now. i need to come to chas to see my niece that i have never met. shame shame.

    also, i cant wait for work drama. drama makes for a good blog