Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Highlights of 2007
2007 was definitely a LONG and interesting year, but it was much better than the few years before. 2008 promises to be even better. I think we're finally starting to settle down and get ourselves together a bit....I hope.

Let's see what fun stuff 2007 brought:

Cole turned one. My last baby to be a "baby". Yeah, sure, he's still a baby, but now he's also a "big boy", so it's a little sad for me. Not quite the soft, tiny, snuggly little ball of helplessness he once was. Now he's the wants-to-be-independent little ball of funny. He's hilarious, and he's ALWAYS smiling. I love that about him! He also learned to walk, and got his first haircut...he's growing up! WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Taryn turned two. Before she was two, she spoke very little and knew few words. Now, she never, NEVER stops talking! TJ is actually quieter than her now. Scary...but really, really cute! Her little voice is adorable, and some of the ways she says things just makes you giggle (ie-tag, you're ip!).

Trey got promoted to Head Kitchen Manager. Yeah, he's played that role for a while now, but he's even got chef coats to prove it now...he's really got the title. January promises a possible raise to match the job, too!

I won an iPhone and an iPod Nano. Yeah, sure, I sold the iPhone b/c honestly, I really didn't need it, and I can't afford to get it hooked up, or to keep it working. It was exciting, though, while it lasted. Trey really likes his iPod.

Taryn cut her finger open...it was not fun. However, now she is VERY cautious around knives! Oh, and she ate one of my Lexapro pills and had to be taken to the hospital for an EKG and to drink some charcoal. Nice. Oh, and she ran away and was found in the next neighborhood over. Yep, good times. It scares me to think of all of the fun in store if this is how she starts out!


96Wave left us, forever. Okay, sure, you can now find them online, but who cares. I don't listen to the internet in my car, so as far as I'm concerned, they have left forever. I miss 96Wave. I really did like that station.

I got diagnosed w/ADHD (and as bipolar, which I might argue). I've thought for a LONG time that it was a contributor to my problems, and now I have proof. I haven't done anything about it, of course, but perhaps that can be dealt with in the new year.

The end of Harry Potter came. I love those books! I'm not usually into that sort of story-telling, but that J.K. Rowling, man does she know how to write! I miss Harry.

My friend Wilson was shot on a pizza delivery. That was so awful. I really do miss him. The people you see at work become like family, and I was working two jobs with him for a while there. He was so funny, and such a cute little man. He worked hard for his family, and it makes me sad that they can't benefit from his love anymore. He talked constantly about his kids and how proud of them he was. I hope one day I'm as great a parent as he was, and just as nice a person all-around.

Mike had a baby! Well, his wife Amanda did. I never thought he'd finally get the joy, and he did! Little Logan is SO CUTE, and has the chubbiest little legs! Mike is going to be a great dad, and Amanda is a great woman. He really has gotten what he deserves. I'm so happy for him!

I worked for two weeks outside of paper delivery. There was that week of 9-1-1 dispatching, and the week at Carabba's. They were fun. Just the wrong time.

We went to the beach during the summer for a week. My mom hooked us up with a room, and we got to spend time with her and Bo, his brother and sister, and Julia and her kids for a couple of days. They came up and played with us for a while. I got to shop with my mom, play in the sand, and swim, swim, swim! TJ still constantly talks about the lazy river at our hotel, and everytime he sees one, assumes they have one and that we should go to it!

Trey and I put up a fence...and for my first time, it came out darn well! It's even still up and holding the kids in the back yard!

I won a BLOG EXCELLENCE AWARD for "Most Pregnancies by a Woman in One Blog". It's a coveted award, one which many have tried for. In 2006, though, I won, with three pregnancies, only two during the duration of my blog though. This year I'm hoping to win the award for "Best Use of the F Word by a Toddler" for TJ's wonderful antics when letting me know he was hungry early in January of 2007. Wish me luck!

We went to the mountains with Julia's family and Mike and his wife, Amanda. We rented a big cabin near a lake and had a good ol' time. That was a lot of fun. This year, Trey wants to go skiing with a bunch of people in February. That should be tons of fun, too.


Well, I imagine there's a lot more stuff that was cool this year, but Cole is crying on my shoulder, and Taryn's in the background crying about something, too. So, I guess I better run. I hope your 2008 is fantastic, and I'll talk to you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:49 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Great recap. When you put it all down like that I really see that this last year was a major one, especially for Taryn.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Candi

    Thanks so much for your input on the Regent. I didn't think about the size of one of them....LOL. My oldest has a Graco and the younger one is in the Britax. It is pretty comical to see how big the Britax is next to the Graco!!

    I just looked at the booster seats and saw that my oldest is large enough for one, so I think we may get one soon. I think he would really prefer starting kindergarten in a booster seat rather than a reg. carseat.

    Oh--and about my little one finally hitting 20 pounds....I weighed him at home fully dressed with shoes, jeans, shirt, and a slightly wet diaper (LOL) and he was EXACTLY 20 pounds. I figure he probably weighs slightly less when not dressed, but I don't make a habit of putting him in his carseat naked!!

    Your kids are adorable! I can't believe that your little girl ran away!! Too funny--except I'm sure it wasn't at the time!