Friday, November 23, 2007
Pretty cool
Thanksgiving went well here on my homefront. I hope it was the same where you were. We had it at my house this year, and I was apprehensive. Trey worked hard and got the house really, really clean. I wasn't much help, but I can honestly say that this last week I have basically been doing good to stay awake and function at all. I had a LOT of work with my three paper jobs, and Trey's schedule wasn't exactly meshing with mine, so sleep wasn't much of an option. Anyway, it worked out well. Grandma and Grandaddy came over to our house for the first time since we moved here, and Grandaddy was really good (he has Alzheimer's, and he gets nervous and acts out when he's not in his usual surroundings). We figured they'd stay long enough to eat, then have to make a run for home, but they ended up staying over two hours. I took Grandaddy for a walk after we ate, when he started to get cranky, and everything worked out well. I thought it was kinda funny when they left, b/c he got mad when I put him in the car and started yelling at me. I think it's b/c he wanted to stay. I kinda don't blame him...my neighborhood is a change of scenery from the 2-3 walks a day around the few blocks he can go in! I wanted them to stay so Grandma could just hang out and be untrapped from her house for a while, but she was worried he'd start really acting up, so they left. Still, I'm really glad they came.

Oh, and the food was good, too. I made sweet potato casserole/souffle (I don't know what the hell it's called!). I was frustrated when shopping for the ingredients, b/c to buy a bag of finely chopped walnuts it was about half the price of the ones that were just chopped somewhat. I was trying to save money, so I got the finely chopped ones, but I really wanted the others. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that those tiny walnut pieces were just perfect. They added just the right amount of flavor, but weren't so chunky in your bites. I'm glad I did it now! I also made mac and cheese in my crockpot, and it worked out well. Last year it came out dry, so I'm glad it was good this year and that it was good enough that it was the only thing that was completely gone before we even got close to finishing eating! Not that I was necessarily happy about that, since I love mac and cheese, and I kinda wanted some leftovers!

Anyway, I do hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving and a good time stuffing your faces. If you didn't have Thanksgiving, then I hope your Thursday was great! Talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 8:45 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger karla

    Glad to hear it all went well Christi. It's alot of work to host people at your house isn't it?

    Oh, and Mac and Cheese! Yummy! Mark and I just started adding that to our weekly favorites for dinner. It's one of the very few things that I can cook that isn't too hard. The first time I tried it though, I didn't have bread crumbs so I hacked up a bagel....

    It worked...mostly. :)

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Bread crumbs? Bagel?? When we make mac and cheese here it doesn't include bread of any kind. Only has noodles, lots of cheese, eggs/milk beat together and a little butter. YYUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I had a great Thanksgiving with a lovely family (not mine).