Sunday, October 14, 2007
Happy Success!
I had Susan's baby shower yesterday, and I would go so far as to say it was a success. We had right at 20 people show up, including a few well behaved children, and we somehow managed to find seating for them all. We played my two favorite baby shower games, the one where you melt candy bars in diapers and guess what the candy bar is (it really does look nasty), and the one where you take the wrappers off of baby food jars and they have to guess what kind it is (not as easy as it sounds, although I guessed every single one of them right!). I was really happy b/c everyone played and seemed to have fun. We even had two guys come, and they weren't miserable the whole time!


Susan got lots of gifts to help her on her way to being a mommy. It was pretty cool. None of my kids ever got as many soft, warm, fuzzy blankets as her little one got, and I wanted to steal every one of them!

I think the food turned out pretty well, too. We had a lot left over, but not as much as we would have had if I hadn't begged people to take some home! I loved Susan's cake, even though it didn't match my Pooh theme, and it was yummy good!



In the third one, that's my sister on the far right. Does she look prego to you? I told her she was supposed to wear her most pregnant outfit, but if she did, she might need to put another baby in there! Her mom is the one on the left, two seats down.

See that little person there at the end of the couch? That's my neice, Julia, whom I haven't seen in quite a while. She and Blake, my nephew, have both grown a LOT! Funny how kids seem to do that, eh?

I really didn't get a lot of pics, as I was busy running around like a chicken w/my head cut off, and my camera batteries kept dying. I especially want to thank Trey and Julia, b/c w/o them there is NO way I would have pulled this off. Their help was instrumental. Kudos to you guys!
 
posted by Christi at 3:16 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger gina

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

    best baby shower food ever!! good job christi.



    see that big ass blue bag amongst the pink ones? that would be the one I BROUGHT because WESLEY, the brother of the mom to be, told me she was having a boy! ACKKKKKKKKK.... lol.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You're welcome for the tiny bit of help I gave you. You and Trey did a great job. It was a good shower, and I think everyone had a good time. I think you're celebrating your 6 years right now. Have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do. ;)

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Pretty cake.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    cool shower! good job doing all of that!