Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Now I know why I stay fat!
Because it's SO much easier! Today I went to my first workout session at the YMCA. All I had to do was exercise on the cardio equipment for 30 minutes. All I had to do! P-sha! It seemed easy enough. She wanted me to get my heart rate up to 143 for most of the time, but that wasn't happening. I managed to get it there for a few minutes shortly after I started, and I thought for sure my heart was going to beat right out of my chest and I was going to die! I did my best, with a couple of breaks in between, and lived to the end of my time. When I finished, I was sure that at any moment I was going to fall over dead. I didn't, but I sure wanted to. I'm supposed to go back on Thursday, but man, I'm scared just thinking about it! I know it's a good thing, though, and that it will get easier with time...if I don't fall over dead first! However, I will mention that I kinda forgot to eat lunch before I went (lost track of the time), and I didn't eat a whole lot for breakfast four and a half hours before. I also didn't bring water, not realizing that I'd actually be working out today. Perhaps that will help the next time.

Oh, I was also told that the 1200-1500 calories that I've been eating each day are not enough. I was told I can't eat less than 1800 until my body and stomach have gotten used to everything and shrunken down some. Do you know that that was the highlight of my day! I immediately went home and had two more bites of everything, which pretty much covered those extra calories!

Okay, talk to you later! Bye!
 
posted by Christi at 11:17 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Hooray for more calories!

    Just think how proud you'll be when you see how far you've come. Also, this is another reason it's a good idea we're holding off on the aquarium til Friday.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Who is this "she" and why is she forcing people to work out too hard? Just go for a 30 minute walk. It's a great workout, and you can spy on all your neighbors.