Sunday, July 24, 2005
Long, HOT day
Well, I did it. I left Taryn with someone other than family for the first time today. I was thinking it was the first time I'd left her ever, but then I remembered that I left her with my mom to go to the movies a wee bit ago. However, today at church I left her in the nursery. At first I was cool. I actually felt quite liberated and excited to be free of both children and with other people. We went to the McDonald's down the street from church for Sunday School today, and it was rather nice. Then on my way to the service I checked on them both, w/o TJ seeing me of course, and everything was good. So on to the service I went. Somewhere between the announcements and the sermon, I started getting sick to my stomach, and feeling the need to run out of there as fast as I could to the nursery and check on Taryn and leave. I almost did right after the sermon. However, Ruth, my buddy, wanted to go and see her after the service, so I stayed. I'm glad I did, b/c there was no reason for me to rush back...she was fine and dandy.

Oh, and TJ got to go to the 3/4 class, b/c there was no one there in the 2's room. Of course, there's never anyone there in the 2's room during Sunday School, so I think I'm gonna try and get them to let him go in there every week. He made a bracelet, and he was so proud of himself. He came running up to me when I came to get him to show it to me! Then, when we got home, I had to carefully cut it off of him b/c he didn't want to mess it up or tear it! Of course you know I must now save this bracelet forever! I asked him if he had fun, and he said he did, except for when the person hit him. I inquired further, and he said the person knocked him down. I said, "Oh really?" Then he added that said person would not let him play. I'm about ninety percent sure this didn't happen, but it makes me wonder where he got such a wild imagination from. The other day I asked him if he had fun at the playground when he was with his daddy. He said yes, but that a boy hit him. I asked him what he did when the boy hit him. He said, "I cried, poor me," and made a big pouty face. That boy is nuts!

Oh, here's the bracelet:

I'm so proud of my big ol', big ol' boy!

Oh, and I just want to add...Even when it's really early in the morning, and the last thing you want to do is be up with your little newborn baby who's decided that she's ready to start her day, nothing will brighten your outlook more than a little tiny person who is all smiles and giggles! Yesterday she woke up at an unholy hour (7 am, but in my house that's WAYYYY too early!) and was ready to go. I was so ready to be mad, but I looked down and smiled at her. Then she smiled back (the first time for me). So I smiled again. She smiled again. This went on for about half an hour. She was so happy and giggly! I wanted so bad to take a picture, but you know if I had moved it would have been ruined. I wasn't giving up that moment! I guess this is why people have kids, eh?

I hope you have a great day, and I'll talk to you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:17 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Lisa

    Hi Christi, your daughter is gorgeous. There's nothing like a baby's smile to brighten up your day...even when that baby's not your own. And if it is? then the sun stays up for a long time. (Ok, bit mushy, what can I say? I'm a sucker for babies full stop lol)

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger LK

    Ditto, babies are amazing and your one is such a cutie. That smile thing is always a winner.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    The morning smile -- brings back memories.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Melodee

    That super-early morning newborn baby smile thing will be gone in a flash. Enjoy it!

    And hooray for leaving kids in the nursery. My daughter still won't stay alone (she's almost 3).

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Sweet!

    I was a Sunday School teacher in the 3 year old room for a couple years, and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the kids hit TJ. As much as we tried to keep it safe, someone always got hurt. Little kids have a hard time controlling themselves. I think it's nice that you want to keep that bracelet. Is it bad that I secretly throw away 99% of their stuff? There's just so much we couldn't possibly store it all.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger karla

    I've taken up the hobby of making jewlery. Maybe TJ can come and teach me a thing or two! His bracelet looks better than anything I've managed to put together so far.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger k8

    no, people have kids to take care of them when they're old and to change their attends.

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    you have to take times like that and savor them and if you can write those special times with your child in a diary. my wife and i had four children and i wish i had kept a diary of what we did as they were growing up. i would have made four copies when they finally left home and gave it to them. it is to late for that now though, but maybe not for you.