Thursday, June 02, 2005
Wise to keep your distance...
Today SUCKS! I'm sure that going on and on about it won't help at all, but hey, why not. What else constructive do I have to do?

I would love to tell you all about my wonderful house closing yesterday, and how we are now free from the cursed place. However, I feel it would be wrong to lie to you like that and make up a story. "What," you say, "you didn't close yesterday?" No, as a matter of fact we didn't. We did, however drive all the way to Lancaster and waste an entire day. Then we left TJ to spend the night, as we were told that we would close today instead. Well, that's not happening, either. So, now my son is in LA w/no clean clothes, not enough diapers, and Trey is missing his day off w/his son. Will we close tomorrow? Perhaps, of course Trey has to work, but....

So, I went to my dr. appt. today. Not a single thing has changed. Still one centimeter dilated, and "soft"..."Oh, look, I can feel her head! Can you feel it bouncing?" Ummm, yeah I can feel it bouncing...now can you take her out of me?!!! Nope, sorry Christi, you're not favorable to be induced yet, so we will not set up a date for you. Hey, that's okay, b/c the day I wanted, next Tuesday, I found out that I have to go to unemployment for an appointment. Don't worry, we'll set up another appointment for you next Friday. Surely you'll be really pissy by then, and we'll just tell you the same thing again. It appears that all the primrose oil and sex you've been having haven't done a SINGLE THING! Plus, they said she is very likely to be much bigger than TJ was. For joy! Oh yeah, well I don't care if she comes out or not anymore. She can stay in till she's fifteen for all I care.

It's barely past noon yet. However, there has been one highlight to my day so far. I went after my appt. to the labor and delivery part of the hospital. It seems that last night, at the exact moment I was showing Trey where to go when I have the baby, my friends Wendy and Randy from Sunday School were having their baby, Ethan. He is 8 lbs. 13 oz., and just totally adorable! He didn't like being all bundly, and he has the cutest little ball of a chin and round face, and a TON of hair (way more than his dad!)! I opted not to hold him, as I'm really freaked out by the whole idea (ummm, geez, that could be bad!) of tiny babies right now. Wendy looks great, and Randy is just pleased as punch about his new kid. You could tell he was having little bouts of excitement about holding his new kid! Pastor Jones was there this morning, and Randy told him he'd see him at church Sunday. Pastor Jones laughed and said, "No you won't." I did, too. I reassured him we won't see him for at least a couple weeks. Of course, my goal is not to see the church at all for a while, but I'm quite sure that I will be there, not with bells on, on Sunday. Grumble, grumble, grumble....Anyway, Wendy's baby is SO cute!

Well, I suppose that's it for now. I could go on, but why? I think you've gathered that I'm in a bad mood already, and I certainly don't want to bring you down anymore. I've spent the morning praying to God that he will help get me out of this slump, but I guess He's leaving it in my hands....Maybe I'll cheer up later. I hope your day is tons better than mine so far, and I'll see you later.
 
posted by Christi at 12:21 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    want some cheese with your whine?

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I don't understand why you couldn't close. ??? Did the other person not show up? That's bullshit. I would whine too.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Sorry your feeling so down. I hope things look up for you soon. Congratulations to your friends. I love the name they picked....Hmm. where have I heard that name before?? lol
    My day was good up until my daughter toke a fall at school. Her face is a mess but she is doing ok. Hope your feeling better soon. Ciao.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger gina

    did you have your eggplant parm? and if so did it make you feel better?

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Christi

    Trey did make eggplant parm, and fettucini alfredo. It was SOOOOO DELICIOUS! I ate too much, and then I didn't have room for dessert...fruit shortcake...But, I managed to find a way to eat it anyway...I'm so full and miserable now!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    *HUGS*

    1. I hope you're able to close!
    2. I hope your day goes better today!
    3. I hope Taryn comes soon!