Thursday, May 26, 2005
1 FREAKIN' CENTIMETER!!!
Okay, so I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil pills like they're going out of style lately. Then, I shove them up inside of me every night to boot! That's not fun, if you ask me. Plus, I am now forcing Trey, the same guy who used to bug the crap out of me about it, to have sex with me every night, b/c semen creates more prostaglandins (some sort of hormone) to help my cervix thin out quicker. What do I get for all of that!? ONE FREAKIN' CENTIMETER!!! Fine, so along with my tiny dilation, my cervix is also "very soft" (mostly b/c of the EP Oil), which, according to my midwife, is very good. She says I'm coming along just like I should. No, no, no! I don't want to just come along like I should...I want to do better! I want to be an overachiever and have my baby earlier than planned! Isn't that how it works? When you learn to read early, you're an overachiever. When you finish your science project early, you're an overachiever. Okay, fine, when you have your baby early, you're an overachiever! I have always excelled at what I've done....well, until real life hit me, that is....and I don't want this to be any different. I begged her to schedule me to get induced this afternoon...Yeah, she laughed, too. I told the nurse today that, no offense to her, of course, I never want to see her again. It sucked to run into her on the way out, head hung low, and tell her that I'll see her next week. So, while I'm on this subject...I need your help. Obviously, Trey's semen can impregnate me, but not knock her out of me, so...PLEASE pray that Taryn works with me and comes out soon! I'm shooting for the seventh, it has kind of a meaning. Perhaps God will respect a date request this one time (wink, wink), and let me have that day. Soooo, while you're praying, mention the seventh, will ya?

Today we had a picnic for the mom's group Gina runs that she so graciously has welcomed me to. It was a lot of fun. I liked getting to see other grown up humans (that aren't my Wal-Mart cashier for a change!), and that TJ got to go out and run around with other kids (b/c you know he just played with them all....by that, I mean, himself, of course!). They had a water thing there, with fun little sprinklers to run around under, and it cost $2. So I'm a little upset that I wasted $2 today, as TJ would not dream of going into the water. However, as much as he watched everyone else have a good time, I guess I got my money's worth, or something like that...I was a little worried for a minute there, b/c another girl there is due June 13th, but she didn't come today. I made it a point to make sure she hadn't had her baby yet, b/c if so, I was going to be mad! If I can't have mine early, then no one can!!!

Well, it's nappy time now. In case you haven't heard the news, or seen the huge pic under here, CARRIE WON!!! I'm so happy! I may actually buy her cd, depending on how country they go with her. It surprises me that I was so much for her, as I'm not really much of a country fan at all. Knowing me, I'd have thought I'd be all for Bo (he is kinda hot), but nope, I was for Carrie from day one. AND SHE WON!!! YIPPEE! Now that all of my shows have had their season finales, though, what will I do for the next half of my year! TJ finally has realized that Tues. and Wed. are for American Idol, and now it's gone! Oy vey! Have a great day! I'll see you later!
 
posted by Christi at 3:11 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger gina

    I hope you had fun today :) it seems like you made the rounds and talked a lot. see , you fit right in!!! tj was precious. i got a good pic of him standing NEAR the water. hahah.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Sadi

    LOL! You are too funny, it brings back too many memories for me!!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Nuts to you. If we had to suffer with late, stubborn babies, you can too. But keep letting hubby have his fun while he can, eh?

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger MiMi

    I hate to burst your bubble, Princess, but you were 2 weeks later than your due date and your brother was headed that way, but the doc induced me because he was going out of town. So your brother was actually only 1 week later than his due date. If it's a hereditary thing, then prepare yourself... Mom

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Unknown

    My personal theory on late babies is those who have had more time to "bake in the oven" have better developed systems, so they cry less. I just totally made that up, but it makes sense to me. Alison was 3 days past due date and Andrew was 10 days before. He was absolutely the fussier crier of the two.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Christi

    Yes, Mother, I am aware of this, which is why I'm so adamant about getting induced. I have no intention of waiting one second past her due date, and I know that if I do in fact wait, she'll be late. The longer she's in there, the bigger she will get...I want a little baby to come out of me!I saw what those Pitchford genes do w/Jennifer's baby, and I don't want to play that game!

    Julia, if that's true, then I'll be okay. TJ was a week early, and he didn't fuss hardly at all.

    Jillian, I read about the nipple thing...ain't gonna happen! I can barely handle it when the wind blows (while under a shirt in a bra!) they hurt so much anymore!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Tammy

    I got some crochets hooks here if you need some...LOL
    Girl that baby will come when she is good and ready. But I know you are ready to start holding her and hugging her and then on those days where she cries and keeps you up at night and never lets you get a goods night sleep again, then thats when you will be saying put her back in so I can get some sleep. J/K. I will keep the 7th in my prayers for you. I pray that she does come early for you. So you have a midwife? That's so cool. I wish we had them here.

     
  • At 2:58 AM, Blogger Frances

    You crack me up! When I was around the 38/39 week mark with both my babies I was DYING for them to come early.

    Now I "know better" and am more than happy to wait. Bigger babies are generally more settled babies, and they DON'T hurt more to push out, despite what some people think. (My son was 17 days late and 10lb 6oz, and my daughter was 5 days late and 10lb 10oz - easiest 90 minute labour EVER!)