Thursday, May 19, 2005
Catching up
Okay, so I have a little catching up to do. First, let me say that all was quiet on the homefront this evening, as Vonzell did as I had hoped, and left the top three of American Idol. I have to say, though, I was a little sad to see her go. She has, as they said, in fact grown the most out of everyone, and she's a great singer. She's just not who I want to win! I'm so nervous now, though, b/c it's down to Carrie and Bo. I wouldn't mind if Bo won, but I really want Carrie, and they are pretty much neck and neck! Looks like I'll be voting next week!

As well, if anyone out there watches the show Revelations, which I'm guessing there are few of you, if you could please let me know what happened tonight, I'd appreciate it. I'm still pretty confused. I get that the antichrist was born, and that they have the baby Jesus hidden out in the desert, but what was up with the kidnapped boy (Samhail, or whatever)? I thought he was supposed to be sacrificed? Oh, and I am just sick that the baby was born from a lamb! Anyway, I'm lost...

Okay, last week Julia gave me some interview questions, and I'm just now getting around to answering them. Sorry...here goes:

1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a radio DJ, or an English teacher. I was just a little off from my dream, and actually majoring in English w/a minor in Secondary Ed. when I switched to Special Ed.

2. Describe your dream vacation.
I really want to go to Germany and Ireland. I'm not really sure what I'd do there except for tour around, but I'd love to see what it's like out there, and talk to the people. I don't know much German (which is scary, since it was my first major!), but it would be fun to hear it. I love Irish accents, so I would just do everything in my power (which wouldn't be hard for me, I'm sure!) to talk to everyone I could, so I could hear them speak! In both I'd love to go to some pubs and such, and just hang out. I'd really love to see some mountains and the big, open spaces like you see in movies!

3. If you could change one thing about your looks, what would it be? Your personality/character?
My looks--I'd get rid of my pouch belly.
My personality--I'd listen more and talk less.

4. Tell me something about you that is underappreciated. Don't be modest!
Hmmm, underappreciated....I guess I'd say my deep and sincere care for everyone I know. I'm kinda lazy, and I guess I don't let it be seen much, but I really, really do care about everyone, even if they don't deserve it. I worry about others more than I worry about me, and I try to be as nice as I can be at all times. For some reason, though, people still see me as self-centered at times. I guess I just don't show it well enough!

5. I'm going to say a word. Write the very first thing that comes to your mind.

a)cherry-baby apples

b)disk-computer

c)statue-George Washington

d)puff-green

e)green-crayon (ha ha! I didn't even see the word green when I saw puff and thought of green!)

Okay, that was fun! I've also been tagged by Curly Trouble and Echo...I think they are the same, so here goes:

01. Total volume of music files on my computer? None. We used to download them, but now that it's not free, there's no point. No time to listen anyway.

02. The last CD I bought was? Linkin Park's Meteora, it was my birthday or anniversary present, to myself, I can't remember which.

03. Song playing right now: Well, Trey's playing Roller Coaster Tycoon...but I don't hear any music. Hold on, I can play some Linkin Park...

04. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order): This is hard...
"Home"- Three Days Grace
"The Red" - Chevelle
"Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta" - not sure who sings it
"Fade" - Staind
"Big Dipper" - Cracker

05. Which 5 people are you passing this baton to, and why.
Traci-b/c she need something new on her blog!
Susan-same thing!
Gina-she hasn't been tagged yet, and I'm sure she'll be so honored!
Karla-I love to see the kind of stuff she listens to!
Anvilcloud-I'm interested to see what you say, and how much I recognize!

Alrighty, I'm out! Have a great day! I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 12:19 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger gina

    dang girl, we are on different music planets. lol. i liked your answers to the interview

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Sadi

    Different music planets here too! LOL I would also like to listen more and talk less. Sometimes I feel like I'm always waiting for my turn to talk!!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger gina

    i will post mine on my blog.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger karla

    Im on it! Prepared to be SHOCKED girlfriend!

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Nice answers. I was wondering when you were going to start this. Thanks for playing.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    "Damn It Feels It Good to be a Gangster"
    is by the Geto Boys