Wednesday, May 25, 2005
TJ holding "The Baby"

TJ holding "The Baby", originally uploaded by pleauh.


TJ has been very curious about the baby lately. We talk about her everyday, and I think he's kinda starting to get it. I think he clicked a little bit when I told him that a new baby would be coming to live with us soon. He's very excited about her crib, and all the new stuff in it! I think he just likes the new toys in the house!

Today he started pretending a little stuffed bunny was a baby. I got him one of the dolls I have for the baby for him to pretend with instead. He would carry her around with him everywhere. He would come running and tell me that she was crying, then run to her and pick her up and pat her on the back and hold her to his chest. She got tired a lot, and he would try to climb up into her crib to put her in, then turn on the little music thing I have in there for her. He even took a nap with her! It was so cute! I'm a little scared, though, b/c, well, he wasn't exactly, ummm, careful with her. I kept telling him that he was going to break her. He'd say, "No, Mommy, I not goin' to break the baby!" Then he'd pick her up by the pigtail! He thought she'd really enjoy going down the slide, too! But, I figure it's still good to get him used to the idea of having a new baby in the house, and it thrills me to no end that he's so willing to help! If you click on the pic, there are a couple more of him holding her!

 
posted by Christi at 12:38 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger karla

    Pick the baby up by the pigtails!!! hee hee!
    Oh my!
    What a cutie. You're going to have the most earnest and darling little helper on the planet.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Unknown

    That's so sweet!! He'll be a great brother. It will be so different when it's a real baby. We got Andrew a baby doll before Alison was born. The first thing he did was hold her by the head and throw her up to the ceiling. He was in a throwing everything stage. I was a little worried about that, but it was completely different when Alison came along.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger k8

    what a sweet boy!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger gina

    how cute!! i would suggest when you feed taryn and change her, tell tj to go get his baby and do the same. that way he isnt all up on you trying to "help" and it will teach him great daddy skills for his future kids.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Kurt

    cute.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Oh that is so cute. Just love pics of them relaxing. I bet he will be a great help. He will love her to no end.