Friday, April 22, 2005
It's almost over
This week has been long, indeed. I can't say it was all bad, though.

Trey was off Wed. and Thurs., and although he had court on Wed. morning, we managed to turn that day into a pretty good one. My mom has a timeshare in Myrtle Beach in April and in October. Why, is beyond me. Nevertheless, she always invites us to come and hang out if we want, and we figured, "Why not? A free place to crash in Myrtle Beach for the day." It was nice to get away, and just enjoy being somewhere else for a little while.

Of course, if you know anything about my mom at all, we went shopping, twice. She is a shopaholic, and lives to save money (it's somewhat rubbed off on me). They have tons of outlet malls in Myrtle Beach, and she can think of nothing better than to go to them and try to find deals and use the coupon books they have. Outlet malls used to be a really cool place to save money, now they are pretty much like any other store. Old Navy, and probably plenty of other places, manufactures clothes just for the outlet stores, which usually cost more than the regular stores. The idea originally was that unsold and outdated stuff would go there to be sold at a discount, but whatever...I digress...So anyway, Trey got his yearly pair of New Balance tennis shoes, which are almost identical to the ones he got last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...white with a tiny bit of navy blue accent. Same price, same coupon, same store. This time TJ got a blow up tiny little beach ball, though, so I guess that makes it all worth it. I also talked him into getting a pair of flip-flops to hang out in, and a new t-shirt b/c TJ managed to scratch him and make him bleed all over the one he had on!

We went to the pool a couple of times yesterday (it was indoors and heated), and TJ learned how to swim again (he did last year, but was terrified when we tried this year). Of course, his swimming includes wearing a life jacket, but...At first he was freaking out, and by the end he was like, "Can I swim by myself?" My brother and his girlfriend were there, too. They went with us to the pool the second time yesterday, and there was also a hot tub there. Trey and TJ went over to get in it. I told my brother I couldn't, and he was like, "Why?" I explained that it was a lot like a boiled egg kinda thing, and that I didn't want to cook Taryn like that. He didn't get it, nor did he believe me. I'm so glad he can't get pregnant!

We also played putt-putt yesterday. We went to the chinkiest place you can imagine. I still don't understand what a dinosaur, octopus, shark, starfish, and pepto-pink castle have to do with each other, but...and it was all made out of what looked like paper-mache', then painted with gross colors that must have been oops! paint at Home Depot! The course itself was falling apart, with the bricks tipping everytime you touched them. Overall, it was a nice, safe place to spend the afternoon! TJ won the game, with about ten holes-in-one. My mom came in second with one more stroke than TJ, even though she only had one hole-in-one (now how does that work?). Mind you, my mom was the one keeping score....I lost. I think my mom was out to get me. She kept saying I was cheating. I have no idea what she was talking about, but I'm just shocked! I mean, I would never push the ball into the hole with my club, or hit it before it stopped moving! The insult! Supposedly, Trey was cheating, too. I see no problem with taking three "practice shots" on each hole before you're ready....It was pretty cool, though. The most fun we had was dodging the giant bumble bees that were all over the place!

Anyway, it didn't seem like we did a whole lot yesterday, but I'm still totally exhausted from it. I don't plan to do much today, and I feel bad for Trey that he has to go to work today. I guess I'm just happy for him that he's not pregnant. I'm just glad this week's almost over! I hope you are, too, and that you have a great day. I'll see you soon.
 
posted by Christi at 11:58 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Kurt

    "I guess I'm just happy for him that he's not pregnant" - I can't tell you how funny this is to me!

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Christi

    What's funny to me is that since I've been pregnant he's gained a lot more weight than me, and he kinda looks like we're competing to see who can look more prego! I think he's winning!

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Ashley told me you were in Myrtle Beach today! I saw her at Earth Fare.

    I get shoes the same way Trey does. I'm on my second pair of Asics from the same outlet mall. I badly need new tennis shoes, and I want the exact same pair. When you find a good pair of shoes, why switch?

    I always cheat on putt putt. It take way too long otherwise, and it ruins the fun.