Monday, April 11, 2005
Work was easier!
I have not stopped since I stopped working for pay! Today I am doing exciting stuff, though! I went to the doc today, and everything's good. I have to start wearing my maternity belt again, hooray...It's unsightly, but it definitely helps, so I guess that's a good thing. I was in and out of there so fast, it almost hurts to know it cost me a hundred bucks for that ten minutes!

So, since I got home from the doctor's office, I've been trying to arrange the baby girl stuff I have so far. First I got all of TJ's winter clothes out and sorted them for sale and keep. Then I got all of Taryn's stuff out and sorted them for hang up now and hold on to until she's bigger. I rearranged TJ's dresser to be TJ and Taryn's dresser, as well as the closet. I'm so excited! You should see all the little pink and purple stuff in there! I figured out what her first outfit to come home in will be, and now that I've decided, I wonder why it didn't hit me as I was buying it! I even have little shoes that will go alright with it! I'll take a pic of it and show you in a little while. I went through the stuff from the shower this weekend, and I have to say, they made it hard b/c they hooked me up! I'm really interested to see how the next one goes, now. She got lots of little dolls, soap and shampoo, plugs (pacifiers), bottle/nipple brushes (you can never have too many of those), blankets (awesome ones, too!) and a few very cute outfits! She even got some hoochie shorts from my other mother Nikki! Trey just shook his head when I showed them to him! (Fear not, Trey, I'll put a onesie under them so no diaper or skin will be showing!) Now I can't wait to be able to get the spare bed out of the room and put in the crib. That will be it, and the room will be almost ready. Then I'll just have to figure out what I'm going to do with the decor (I'm going to have both TJ and Taryn in there, so...), and it'll be set. Maybe I can get Trey to move the bed out this week and I can start to work on it. I don't think anyone else will really be spending the night in there. This is starting to get very thrilling!

Trey told me yesterday that it's starting to hit him that he's going to be having a girl. He couldn't explain what he meant, but just knowing that is making me even more anxious and excited! We're going to have a girl! We're going to have a girl! It's scary even to me!

So I was made aware this past weekend that I am a self-centered and selfish person. I didn't realize this, but it came from two of the most important people in my life, so it must have some ring of truth to it. I don't mean to be as such. I do know that I tend to talk about myself and my life a lot, but that's mainly b/c it's what I know best. I suppose I could try to listen more and talk about other people's lives. Anyway, for those of you that know me, please do let me know when I am being self-centered and selfish. For those that don't, let me know, too. Also, if you know some of the things I do that are selfish, let me know. I am on a quest to improve myself and my life, so I need all the help from you I can get (not to be selfish, just b/c I don't see my flaws as well as others, obviously).

Well, let me see if I can get some of the pics from this weekend posted. Here, just go here and you can see them all. My mom only took pics of me opening presents, so you don't get to see the rest of the festivities. Sorry. Talk to you later. Have a great day and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 5:15 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    "So I was made aware this past weekend that I am a self-centered and selfish person."

    At heart, we all are. We must all try to learn to get over ourselves.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I know exactly what Trey means.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Andrew and Alison shared a bedroom too until just recently. It works really well for little kids, especially when the baby ends up in bed with mom and dad most of the time anyway, lol.

    I want to see the hoochie shorts! Alison got a pair that said bootylicious on the back. She NEVER wore them. I can't believe they even make stuff like that so small. Boys are easy to dress. Girls clothes get worse and worse the older you get. I'm scared to see what the future of Alison's fashion will bring. I remember wearing a lot of baggy pants and loose flannel shirts when I was a teenager. Maybe that style will come back in a few years! Or maybe it wasn't ever a style and I was just a bum.

    Christi, I don't think of you as self-centered, at least not anymore than every other person I know. I guess if you want to change though, maybe don't think about being less selfish, but think of caring about others more instead. I remember one day I realized that I talk about myself constantly and don't ask others how they are, so I made an effort to always ask people how they are or ask about something they told me in the past. Really, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'll tell you some of your good qualities. You are the first to forgive, and always accept people and welcome them into the group.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Christi

    Julia, you gave me a BIG smile. Thank you.

    Kurt, what do you mean about Trey? You don't want Taryn wearing hoochie shorts, either? Or you know about the whole just realizing it's going to be a girl thing? Or that I'm selfish b/c I don't buy him pizzas when I go shopping? (wait, maybe I didn't say that part!)

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I meant I know what Trey means about having a girl. As for everything else, you are always right because you are mommy. Trey should know that.

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I think you just scored some Christi points with that comment, Kurt, lol.