Tuesday, April 05, 2005
We're doing fine, thanks...
So yesterday was a wild day! Well, we did see semi-wild animals...TJ and I had a learning day, and we went to the zoo. We saw all kinds of fun animals and flowers, including snakes and fishies! Afterwards, we went to see Daddy (Trey) at work, and ate lunch/dinner with him. It was so nice to get to sit down with him for a little while and chill out. Plus, we got to show TJ off a little. Usually TJ is in Lancaster when I get the chance to go up there to see Trey. We even went bargain shopping after that, and TJ got a new tape for his radio, which he LOVES. Now I get to hear NSync, Mambo #5 and the like mixed in with his kid music tapes! It's no Korn or NIN (have you heard his new song, so cool!) or Linkin Park, but it's a start, right? Needless to say, I was more tired than when I was working by the time I got to go to bed! This staying at home thing is going to take some getting used to!

So, I don't want to run this thing into the ground, but you should check out Monkey Mama's page if you get a chance, and look at the post "Birds and flowers", and the one right after it. I think it's so fitting for me right now. It kinda sums up my life right now, and how I'm feeling. It also tells about the amazing way I have found to keep positive and upbeat about things. I don't want to be the preachy type for sure, but I am really happy that I decided to let God take over my life. Even though bad stuff keeps happening, it just doesn't bother me anymore. Plus, it seems like great stuff comes from it, and I feel like I'm actually learning more from my problems now. Gotta love life, eh!

So, I had my unemployment appointment today. I won't know for up to three weeks whether or not I am eligible. That kinda sucks. I don't know if I'm that patient. However, I don't really think I have a choice either way. I kinda doubt that anyone really would hire a 7 month pregnant woman who's going to leave in two months. We'll see. The woman who helped me seemed like she didn't want to be there at first, and she had this look on her face that kinda scared me and made me worry. However, a few minutes into the appt., we were going on and on about babies and the like. She was pretty cool. I'm glad she's my case worker, or whatever they are called there. She even fixed it to where I could redo my application and get a little more money due to the base periods changing (please don't ask me what that means, b/c I don't know!). The only thing that I have to worry about, I think, is that the state has their own person unempl. has to go through, and who knows what could happen there. I should know by Friday, though, if there's any disqualifying reason for me being fired (and I'd love to know what it is!). She said she would call me if she hears anything, b/c she's even interested in hearing what the reason is. She asked if I was abusing any students or anything. I told her no, but that the thought had crossed my mind a few times with a few of them! Anyway, if you happen to be praying to win the lottery or what-not, please do me a BIG favor and throw my name in there. I figure God's already made his decision for me, and it's in my best interest, but it couldn't hurt, right?

Something I noticed while I was there is that I didn't feel like I fit in. I mean, I'm sure every kind of person gets fired, and I'm probably being stupid, but...I overheard people talking around me while I waited, and the girl next to me said they "owed" her back unemployment. Another guy was like, "Yeah, well, you know, I get fired and then I get my check." I just didn't feel like my attitude was the same. To me, if I get accepted, this will be a total blessing, and I will be so appreciative. I really need this money. I mean, I guess they do, too, but...Oh, I don't know! I just know I was wishing I hadn't said the stupid comments (such as, "I wish I could get fired!") I did, b/c I see now they worked. I felt kinda bad to have to go there, and it just added to the humiliation of being fired. Like, who gets fired from teaching jobs except those who have sex w/their students or abuse them? Oh, just me.

Oh, and I have one more confession to make, which I have avoided talking about. Spike and Water died. We came home yesterday and found Spike "sleeping" at the top of the water. Water bit the dust about a week ago. I felt so bad, like I am a bad parent. I mean, who tries to teach their child responsibility, then kills all the fish! I went to the store today and had the water tested. Thankfully, although still sad, it wasn't my fault. Well, not exactly. We had too much ammonia in our water, and our tank was not meant for goldfish. So, we have guppies now. Supposedly they will be fine. They better, b/c they cost over $3 a pop! I got two, and later I think I will ask TJ what he wants to call them. I'm kinda glad he doesn't seem to care that all the other ones died, b/c I would have a terrible time trying to explain that right now! I'm so not ready for that talk!

Oh, one more thing and I promise I'll go. Yesterday at the zoo there were two turtles going at it. All the parents were freaking out and laughing, and wondering what to tell the kids. I said they were playing leap frog and got stuck! Then TJ and I had the talk. I told him, "See those turtles, TJ? That's how you came to the world, but Mommy and Daddy weren't turtles." He seemed to be cool with that, b/c he didn't ask anything further. Anyway, I thought that was pretty funny!

Okay, I'm leaving, really. I'll talk to you later, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
 
posted by Christi at 5:46 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger karla

    hahaha..your turtle remark was CLEVER! Playing leapfrog! That's a good one! I'll have to remember that one if I ever get stuck in that situation.

    I think I understand what you mean about the unemployment situation and what people were saying about being "owed" money and stuff...its one thing to be entitled to something and appreciate it, and another thing to feel like you are owed something.

    I will have to go through the same thing soon when I collect my maternity benefits (which is actually just employment insurance).

    I wonder if you can file online. I am going to have to check into that here...

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm glad you posted some pics of yourself!

    I checked out Monkey Mama's site. She is so much like you! She even "talks" like you. I'm with you on letting go and trusting God.

    I understand what you mean about the unemployment stuff. I had Medicaid and WIC for a while. That's totally different from unemployment, but the similarity was the attitude people had about being entitled to it. I always felt humbled by the whole process.

    Goldfish die a lot, so it's no reflection on you. I have no idea how ours are still alive. We haven't fed them in a month. They water is so murky you can't see the bottom of the pond. I'm glad TJ isn't sad about it. I hope the guppies do better for you.

    Funny about the turtles. A couple years ago we went somewhere with some friends, and we saw some of those giant tortoises doing it. The male was grunting and moaning. I felt like a pervert watching them, lol. None of the kids asked what was going on. Andrew knows how a baby is made except for the intercourse part. He knows a sperm from the Dad fertilizes the mom's egg and all that. He's never asked how the sperm gets there. Alison has heard it, but I don't think she pays any attention. She says God puts it the mommy's tummy. She says she has a whole bunch of babies in her tummy. Sometimes one pops out and she lets me have it.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Christi

    My messed-up brain just imagined Alison popping out babies! Not a pretty picture! Of course, in my mind they came out just like regular babies, just in about two seconds and in clothes! I wouldn't really want to hold that baby doll after that!