Friday, April 01, 2005
Geez Looooeeeezzzz!
Man, oh man am I sore and tired! We emptied out our house today, and goodness do we have a lot of JUNK! I must have filled about ten trash bags with trash, and that doesn't even include all the trash that got packed and brought here that we didn't feel like sorting through at the time! I can not understand how I have accumulated so much stuff in such a short lifetime. It explains a lot to me, though. I can't wait to be able to go through it all and get rid of it. What a burden that will be! I'm going to sort through it and have a garage sale, since we now officially have a garage that we're renting! What's funny to me is how attached to all of his junk Trey is.

We met the man who's buying our house tonight, too. He came right near when we were finished packing. He seems really nice. Plus, he's really excited about the house, which is so great to me. He brought a whole bunch of his buddies over to start moving stuff in, and they were all seeing it for the first time. They were having the same experience that we had, and that our friends and family had when we brought them there the first time! You'd have to see it to understand, but when you come in the front door it's just really awesome! The front door brings you in upstairs, and immediately ahead of you is a balcony that looks down on the HUGE living room, complete with an entire wall of shelving unit that's just right for TONS of knick-knacks and what-not. (yeah, packing up all that crap was not fun!) The only thing that upsets me is that he and his friends smoke, and they were walking all over the house doing it. I mean, I guess I don't live there anymore, so it's not my place to care, but....Well, you know how it is. It excites me, though, that he's so excited to get moved in. He didn't show up until around 10 tonight, and he wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow, so you can tell he doesn't want to wait anymore. This all just makes finally selling my house even more great. I really wanted the person who bought it to love it as much as we did. It is a totally awesome house, and it was so sad to see it all emptied of our stuff...

Well, I guess that's it for now. I have had a LONG day that I'm sure to regret for the next week or so. I am so tired, and my whole body hurts! I'm sure TJ will be up bright and early tomorrow, and full of energy, so I better get my butt to bed to get ready for him! I hope you all have a super day, and I'll see you later!
 
posted by Christi at 12:18 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger karla

    Packing and moving...that is such a HUGE job! I can still remember how tiring that was last August when we moved! Phew...At least its not something we have to do once a month or something right?

    That must be so strange to be in the house at the same time with the person moving in. A part of you will always call that house your home, and knowing someone else does too is just strange!

    Hope you got lots of rest! Wish me luck. Today is my last day of work!!! It's been a crazy week...

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm thrilled that it's really happening for you! I was thinking about you yesterday, knowing that you were packing.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger gina

    uggg glad you got it done. no fun. i cannot believe the house finally is off your hands. phewww. you guys had a big worry with that. think you'll stay in columbia long enough to buy a house? i am enjoying being so close. it is great.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger gina

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Internet Street Philosopher

    Yick! Packing up to move is always a chore. Too many bad memories coming back to haunt me...

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Christi

    Trey and I have vowed not to buy a house again for a long time, until we know for sure we'll be there for a while. I do hope to be renting here for a long time, though. He wants so bad to buy that house next to you. I think it's funny b/c he swears he hates people and having to be with them, but yet he wants so bad to live next door to you guys. So funny! I like the being close thing, too. Everytime we go to see you, we look for a house for rent in your 'hood. I told him today that I want to stay here for a while, b/c I'm finally starting to get involved and meet people, and it would suck to have to leave and start all over again.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger gina

    that would be cool next door!!!! that house is still for sale, and it is cheap! been on the market a long time.