Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Enough of that
So, as for my recent bad news, I just have to keep this in mind: God has a plan for everyone for everything. This was meant to happen. Something good will come of it, and I have absolutely no control over it. So, I will leave it in His hands, and everything will be alright. Now, I've changed my prayers a little bit in the hopes that I can get unemployment!

So anyway, my new life has begun. It wasn't supposed to until June, but we'll make do. I'm not really prepared yet, but oh well. I ordered a couple of books on homeschooling and the like the other day. I have a book on stay-at-home moms w/lots of tips. I've decided to start potty training TJ maybe next week, now that he will be home with me and we'll be able to set up some sort of routine. I'm trying this week to figure out his routine and when he typically uses the bathroom. Any tips that anyone has on this would be greatly appreciated. Then, I guess I need to figure out what we are going to be doing on these days "off", but on. Gina is in a mom's group, which I was planning to go to in July or so, but I guess I'll have to ask her about it now. (hint, hint...that was me asking!) I want to do more volunteer work at church and the like, so I will try to find out more stuff about that. I had planned on volunteering at DJJ after I left, but now I don't really know if that's such a good idea, or if I even could if I wanted to. I might have to wait on that one until I see if I have time. I also get to start cutting out and using coupons again for shopping. I used to before, but of late I haven't been able to b/c of time. Now I have plenty, or so I hope. I can't wait! I LOVE to save money and get stuff for almost free! Besides, I will have to do my best to make our money last, since we just lost an entire income. I've decided I will start planning out our meals for the week, and just buy that stuff we need. I think I may even learn how to cook instead of just microwave! How exciting for everyone involved! I may still have to get a job (depending on that whole unemployment thing), so I need to figure out what I can do. So many things to do! Any ideas or thoughts? I'd love to hear them. I think today I will just chill and go to the playground.

Well, I guess that's all I really have to say right now. According to my mom, my life is too full of drama, and I guess this week is the drama of starting over in our new life. Sometimes I wish this drama would go away, as it's way too much for my feeble brain. However, I think I kinda like it. I don't like drama really, but at least my life is never boring, and I get to do new and fun stuff all the time (even if it's not always really "fun"!). So, here's to the new drama in my life, and making it work toward a better future! Cheers! Have a great day and I'll see you later!

PS-If you want to see anymore of the pics from this weekend, go here and there are some more:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65299723@N00/
 
posted by Christi at 9:38 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm glad you're looking at this so positively. Don't overwhelm yourself. Being a stay at home mom doesn't sound so hard, but emotionally it's very difficult, especially at first. I would hold off on the volunteering for a while until you get yourself situated. When Taryn comes it might take a while to get used to everything all over again. As far as potty training, we waited until summer and let them spend a lot of time naked. That helped them become aware of what was going on. Make it their problem, not yours, so they will have more incentive to stay dry. Good luck.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger karla

    You are amazing! I'm so happy you're looking at everything in such a positive light! You GO GIRL!

    I'll soon be joining your Stay at Home Mommy circle too! I can't wait. I'm so envious of you, and Gina and Julia! Way to stay positve Christi!

    You're such an inspiration.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger gina

    I will be your social director. lol. every 2nd and 4th friday is our moms group (mark your calendar for april 8th- you will enjoy it and it is FREE!), then there are playdates, and gotta get you into scrapbooking (meets on 3rd friday) and then wed is story time at the library.... HA HA ...
    I feel very blessed to be able to stay at home. we somehow have made it work with one income for 6 yrs. it is tough, but rewarding. NO ONE can take care of your kids as well as you can-

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger k8

    okay im reading further down and youre really scaring me. stop it already. did you read my 100 things about wanting to stop working and homeschool my kids???