Friday, April 01, 2005
Icky rain!
I have a feeling that rain days are going to start meaning a whole lot more to me now. When I was at work, they didn't really affect my day. However, now, if it rains I can't go outside and play w/TJ! That kinda took away half of my plans for the day. We got by, though.

So, today had some nice events. Trey was off, and for dinner we cooked together and made a scrumptious and delicious dinner. It was the best meal I've had in a while, and what was best about it is that I helped make it! Even TJ helped! We had steaks (rib-eye, I think), mashed potatoes, squash and zucchini cooked all squishy, and the best green beans I've had in a while. Trey cooked them for me the way I was imagining them--fresh ones in olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic (I love garlic!)--with a nice bite to them. Delish! Oh, and we had garlic bread, too. It was the only thing we knew from the start that we wanted. Everything else just kinda grew from there. For dessert we made strawberry shortcake. It was so nice. I like doing that kind of stuff, and to me it was better than going out to dinner or partying for sure.

I did something today that could have crushed me, or made my day. Thank goodness it made my day! I went online and found the email addresses of the people I used to work with at DJJ and emailed them good-bye emails. Unfortunately I didn't finally figure out how I could get the addresses until about 2:45-3. I went ahead and sent them, knowing that most of the people had already left for the weekend. However, two women, whom I really hoped would, wrote back, and they may not know it, but they totally made my day. Louisa, who was at the birthday party, wrote and said that she was hoping I'd get in touch w/her, since she couldn't find anything out about me, and that she will call me tomorrow. Carole Anne (sp?) told me to give her a call or an email sometime and that she missed me. You don't know how much better that made me feel! I could really care less about working at DJJ anymore, or for that matter, even the fact that I got fired (it upsets me some, but the same people that I'm upset at I was upset at when I worked there!). I really do miss my students, which I still wonder why, and I wish I could have said bye to them. However, what upset me the most was the thought that maybe once I got fired everyone said, "Well, she's a total idiot and good riddance." I had some pretty decent friends there, and I was so hoping that I wasn't just totally forgotten as of Monday. It really made me happy to know that it was at least noticed that I was gone. It's kinda sad that of all things, that's what I'm worried about the most, but sometimes you just need to know that you meant something to someone, right? I really wonder if any of my students are upset or care that I'm gone. I had one that told me Monday morning he wished that I would just go ahead and leave. If only he knew what he was about to get! There were a few in particular that I really do miss and wish I could see just one more time. They were so special to me--well, they all were, even the ones that hated me! I know they are mad b/c we were supposed to eat (we had cooking lessons for rewards for good behavior) on Tuesday, and here I went and got fired on Monday! I hope they know it wasn't my fault, and that even if I knew I was going to get fired Tuesday afternoon, I still would have wanted to be there long enough to give them their just rewards. I also hope to goodness that someone gives them there certificates of excellence that I made and hung on the wall for them. I know for a fact that there were a couple of guys that really, really wanted it, and that had worked hard to get one. I wish I had thought of that before I left. Perhaps I should try to contact someone to see if they can get them to them for me. I sure do miss them. I can't talk about this anymore, it's making me sad, and I want to cry now...

Oh, but I'm glad that some of my work friends do still like me. Almost my entire baby shower at the end of the month was work people. Perhaps I can still invite them and have some show up.

One more thing that is making me happy about being out of work. It feels so weird, yet so great to know that every night when I put TJ to bed, I can say I'll see him in the morning. I used to only see him four or so nights a week, and I knew that only two of those days could I wake up with him in the morning (I was usually gone to work the other days). Now I know that everyday I can put him to bed, and I can wake up with him. It's the greatest feeling in the world!

Oh, and a question: Do any of you go back when reading others' blogs and recheck the comments from the last posts? Just wanted to know. I know I do, to see if anyone else wrote anything, or commented on mine.

Okay, you guys have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:01 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Hey! I empathize your feelings about your coworkers and students. That sounds like a good meal. Did Trey help or did you do it all yourself?

    I do go back and check comments on other people's blogs, but I don't go back very far.

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger Kurt

    In answer to your question: all day, every day.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Well, I think a few miss us for a few moments, but life goes by so fast that they can't linger there for long. I'm glad that you're thinking baout and caring about your students.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger k8

    i like my squash cooked squishy too. and that is so weird that you wrote that about seeing your kid in the morning. read my post called run monkeys run! are you reading my brainwaves??? xok8

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
    »