Monday, April 04, 2005
Such a busy day
So, we woke up today and went to church. I was kinda excited, b/c we were having a cookout after the service, and it was casual day. My Sunday school class was in charge of cooking, so we were excused from class and the service. It ended up that all the women really did was sit around and talk, but it was fun. We went to the nursery (many of us have little ones) and let the kids play while the men cooked. I liked hanging out, and feel like I got to know some of my fellow churchgoers even better. I like them. They're great people, yet they can still accept me with my "special" personality! Plus, I got to see who all the kids are in TJ's age group. He's moving up to the bigger boy room next week...My baby's growing up! So I got the names and addresses of all of the people in my class, and I plan to invite them to the shower. Hopefully they won't think I'm a freak since I don't know them REALLY well yet. I mean, I've been going pretty religiously to class now for a couple of months, but...They are all really fun people, though, and who better to invite, right!

So we went to the cookout, and it was so cool! They saved me a seat at the table that all my classmates sat at. That made me feel pretty dog-gone special! After we ate, TJ and I went outside to play. They had big bubble things that you just dip in and wave around, and TJ had a blast with them! All the little kids did, and it was so cool! Of course, he also thought it funny to take the bubble wand and rub it all over me while covered in bubble juice, but hey, at least it's soap! He managed somehow to cover himself in it! After that we played croquet, if you could call it that. We hit the ball around some. I never actually knew what that game was all about, and I still don't, but I liked it. One day I may have to invest in a croquet set.

As we were going to leave, we saw a lot of kids at the playground, so I decided to let TJ to go play a little while longer. There was a little boy there that was a bit older than TJ, and while we were there I gave TJ some fruit snacks. He was carrying them around w/him, and the other little boy took them from him. I didn't see it, but TJ came running to me crying his little eyes out. Everyone thought he must have fallen down or something, but then we saw the other little boy w/the snacks in his hand. He was shoving them into his mouth. His parents made him give them back, and there were two left. I told TJ that the other little boy wanted some, so he should eat one and give one to him. He did, totally willingly, and it was so cool! I was so proud! Then, his parents gave me another pack of snacks, so I told TJ to share them with him, and he totally did! I'm so excited! My little boy is learning good manners! Isn't it great! That's one thing I will make sure TJ and Taryn have is manners. I can't stand people with bad manners!

Oh, and let me tell you something that is not great. When you run to the store to get stuff you really need, and when you go to check out you realize that you left all your money at home! I had to go all the way home and get my card, then come back! I hope I learned from that...Something great, though, is that my total bill was $49, and that was after I saved $25! That's pretty cool, eh? I love saving money!

Okay, I guess that's enough. I'll talk to you later, and I hope you have a magnificent day! Tomorrow starts the beginning of my new stay at home mom life. Wish me luck!
 
posted by Christi at 12:20 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    How nice for you to find a community in which you are happy and comfortable.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Renee

    Your son is so cute! I love our church too! Nothing like a good church family! I see you are in S.C. I grew up there but now live in PA! I bet you are having great weather!:-)

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I've got up the cash register and forgot my money. It's awful! TJ is good at turning the other cheek. Alison would have held a grudge.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Melodee

    Good luck!

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger k8

    my church is having problemas right now and i miss that feeling. im trying to teach the monks to share but its easier cuz theyve been sharing since forever!

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Frances

    I'm so with you on the manners thing - I can't stand kids without manners!

    My kids are really into sharing, and always say please, thank you and "you're welcome" etc... it's SO CUTE!!! (and gets me heaps of compliments from the older folk ;-) )

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger karla

    I'm with you on the manners thing! What a big boy TJ is becoming to so willingly share like that! I've seen so many kids at that age who would have refused to share their stuff. He's such a little gentleman!

    I had a forgetful episode yesterday too. I had to commute into Toronto for some appointment and after driving 15 minutes to the Go Train, I realized I had left my wallet at my home too! No money, health card or train ticket really limits where and what you can do! That was annoying.

    Wow...almost 31 weeks now! Time is flying by so fast! How's the pregnancy been these days? Still free of that nasty sciatic pain?