Saturday, June 04, 2005
Difficulties
First off, TJ's quote of the day: He was in the bath tub, and he did something wonderful (as usual). I said, "How'd you get so smart?" He said, "How'd I get so hot!" I asked him if that's what the girls all say. He said, "Yep, that's what the girls say!" Very scary....

Let me ask you if you've ever known a person like this...A big downer. I think there are two kinds of people like this, or at least that's what I know.

One type is like this: They never have anything good to say. If you tell them good news, the first thing out of their mouth is something bad associated with it. For instance, I say, "Hey, I just won the lottery!" In response, "Ohhh, well you know they're going to take at least half of it in taxes." Have you had this kind of conversation before? I mean, so what! I'm happy, and it's a great moment for me...let me live in the now. Later I'll think about all the bad stuff, but for now let me be happy. It could even be something small..."Hey, guess what, I found my lost earring." "Well, you better make sure not to lose the other one now." I dunno, that kind of stuff just brings me down. I would just love to hear, "Great! Now you can wear them with that cool outfit you have," or something like that (mind you, I don't wear earrings, so this is purely hypothetical, but you get the point, right?).

Then there's the other type: This is the person who thrives on controversy and problems. If there is not something bad going on, then they find a way to start something. I think of gossip with this situation, and a lot of bad-talking. I will admit, I'm very prone to fall right into the gossip trap, and I sometimes find myself smack in the middle of these kind of situations. I hate it, though. I have had to seriously distance myself from people like this b/c I find myself becoming evil if I don't. Here's an example...Everyone in the friend group is happy with each other. One day, one of them says to another, "Have you heard from friend so-and-so? She said her husband was being a jerk, and I hope everything's alright." Now, the friend who just heard this runs off and tells everyone that the other friend is having marital problems and is getting a divorce. Oh, that just irks me! I know people like this, and they go out of their way to start trouble and twist reality, so they can have something to tell people about and get people upset. Do you know people like this? It's a real downer. What's worst is that sooner or later these kind of people are going to run out of people to knock and find fault in, and will eventually turn on you. The next thing you know you're a bad guy just for being yourself! I hate that! What total downers!

I understand that the world is made of all types of people, and that we need everyone for a reason. Geez, though! I could really do w/o the downers. As if life isn't hard enough as it is!

I hope you have a great day, and I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 12:42 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I have a downer type in my life. I hate it too. I don't have a gossiper type that's very involved in my life, but I know exactly what you mean. Let's buy an island and only invite people who want peace and happiness.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger gina

    yes, these people seem so hopeless. it IS a downer. good blog and i know exactly whatcha mean

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger karla

    OH Christi!
    Hope your feeling better today. It takes all kinds to make this planet so diverse and interesting doesn't it?

    Three cheers for diversity!!!

    (That was me trying to be super positive)!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger k8

    i heard Christi has mental problems bless her little heart.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Christi, I so know what you are talking about. Here's an example.
    Before I started Weight Watchers, I started exercising and I lost 10lbs. I was so happy and when I went to visit my parents I told them and my sister that I had lost 10lbs.
    The first thing out of my sisters mouth was,
    "OH yeah, the first 10lbs are easy but now you will stay there for a long time and not lose anymore for awhile."
    That just put me down. Instead of telling me, "HEy good job, keep it up." I got that.
    It made me so mad. But for that I owe her cause NOW, I am so wanting to lose weight just to prove her wrong.
    It really makes me mad when people are like that.

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Note to Taryn:
    Guard your ice cream. Mommy has ideas.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Cosmic

    Hey, how you been? My best friend was the first type of downer and my mother the second. My best friend used to always ruined my joy. When I brought it up to her, she tried to deny it but now that she realized she was a very negative person, she's been working to change. When you those type of people, just ask why they always do that? Maybe once they are aware of their faults, they'll make an effort to change.

    But then again, I brought that up to my mother once and she acted shocked and denied that she loved controvesy, especially when she's right in the middle of it. So... some people are hopeless.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Christi

    Yeah, Cosmic, I've tried to say something to one of the people I know like that, and I think all I did was make it worse. She certainly didn't agree with me.

    Hey, Kurt, how did you know about my plans on getting her ice cream?