Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Alrighty then...
Well, I had my unemployment appointment today. I was nervous about it, and rightfully so. It seems that my worst fears have come to life, and now I have the fun of trying to figure out how we're going to make it all work out. This is yet another moment I'm going to have to add to my IOU list to God, b/c it's gonna be all on Him to help me get out of this. I surely can't do it alone! Anyway, what I'm talking about is that they told me that once the baby is born, I'm to stop making claims. What this means, of course, is that I will no longer receive any money. Once the dr. gives me the go-ahead, I can start back up, but I'm guessing that's gonna be at least a month, if not more. So, now I've lost at least a month of income that was already just barely enough. What fun...and great timing, too. Hey, you need to add a person and start buying for them? Cool, we'll just take your money...If you've got any tips, please, bring them on!

Anyway, that was only one part of my day, and I'm sure we'll make it through, b/c God rocks like that, so I'm not as worried as I probably should be. Afterwards, I went to Gina's to get TJ (she was sweet to watch him for me during the appt.). I got there around 3, and ended up staying till 7. The sky let out, and I was in no mood to go and sit alone with TJ at home, so she graciously allowed me to share her company for the majority of the afternoon. What's even better is that she MADE US DINNER! Did I mention how much Gina rocks!? We had yummy corn, shish-cabobs (sp?), cornbread (the best I've ever had!), and she gave me a creme' brulee (sp?) that Wesley made....SOOOOO good, all of it! I was spoiled. I say every rain day I might just have to "be in the neighborhood". Yeah, I'm sure Gina would really appreciate that! What's even better is that she showed me how to make cornbread...and it's SOOOOO easy. I'm going to make it tomorrow, I'm so excited. Then I'm going to make it the next day, and the next day, and....Thanks, Gina, for making my afternoon worthwhile. Otherwise, I think I would have ended up in front of the tv trying to get TJ to stop talking for a while.

Did I mention TJ? When we left Gina's, he did not stop talking for ONE SECOND the entire time until I put him to bed. Not one second! Then, after I put him to bed, he heard Trey call, and immediately ran out and grabbed the phone from me, and talked Trey's ear off until he walked in the door. Then he talked his ear off till Trey finally threw him in his bed and slammed the door! He didn't even have a nap today, and my guess is his thought was that if he stopped talking for even a second, he would fall asleep! Trey even admitted he's worse than me (and that's saying WAAYYYYYY more than you realize! I am not known for being a quiet person!).

Well, I guess I better go now. I hope you have a great day! Talk to you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:29 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    That UE thing isn't the best news in the world. Hope you are okay.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Tammy

    GOD DOES ROCK!! He will get you through the hard times. He is doing that for us here. God is so amazing in what he does. I didn't know what we were going to do once I was not working. But somehow and someway, things are working out.

    GOD DOES ROCK!!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Tammy

    I guess Taryn Missed my date for coming too.
    Can I make another Guess?
    I'm going to say Saturday June 11, 2005.