Wednesday, May 11, 2005
So much to say...
Wow, yesterday was a busy day. Today, not so much. Either way, I'm still tired...

I met Echo yesterday at Finlay Park. That was so much fun! She lives on the other side of Columbia, and has two little ones that are right in TJ's age range. We stayed at the playground for about two hours, and it was pretty cool. Of course, there's only so much talking you can get done when you're trying desperately to keep an eye on your kids so they don't kill themselves on the playground equipment! TJ only tried to jump off of the edges to kill himself about a hundred times! Poor little Jaylen was being fearless as well (and he's a tiny little guy!), and fell and bumped his head on a metal pole! He bounced right back, though, as all little ones seem to do, and went right back to it! That aspect of kids totally freaks me out! It usually takes me ten times longer to calm down after TJ hurts himself than it does him! I had a good time hanging out there, and TJ seemed to like her daughter, Jaiden (I sure hope I got the names right!), as did I. She's even more persnickety about cleaning up than I am! It was great! It was nice to meet someone else around here with kids around TJ's age, and hopefully, if she's up to it, we can hang out again sometime. Lord knows being able to be around other adults with similar lives, but more advanced language skills is such a blessing! In retrospect, the only thing I would have changed was that maybe next time we can do it either before or after the mid-noon sun and heat (we met at noon and stayed till two!)! I was drained for the rest of the day!

After that, we went to the library for a little while to waste time until it slowed down at CA Dreaming, so we could go see Trey for a bit (and mooch some free food!). TJ loves the library, and that's so cool to me. I mean, I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that there are a ton of puzzles there, but he sat down with me for a while and had me read four books to him, too, so that was cool. Then we went and saw Trey, and that was pretty much the whole day. Once we got home, I couldn't get TJ to take a nap :( but I was spent nonetheless!

Today I went to the dr., and started my ploy to get induced. She told me they won't start talking to me about it until 38 weeks, and then my cervix has to be favorable. It kind of pissed me off that she didn't mention the pills I could take to make my cervix more favorable, but that's okay, b/c my last midwives did. So tomorrow I will go out and get my evening primrose oil pills, and begin the mission. She said to start them at 37 weeks, I say, "WHATEVER!" I was told last time to take them a month before I was due, and that's what I'm going to do this time. I want this baby out! Something I thought that was really cool, though, was that my midwife today had pics of her and her hubby when she was prego (you know, the ones where she hangs her belly out and they hug all over it--ones I could NEVER take!). Her husband was SO HOT (she's pretty good looking too)! She told me that he stays at home with their kid, while she works. All I could think was, "Man, I would love to be that kid at the mom's groups!" He was so HOTTTTTTTTT! It was wierd to try to picture him feeding the baby and keeping the house clean!

Anyway, tomorrow Julia and I are supposed to meet (with the kids, of course) at the zoo. I sure hope the weather holds out, b/c I think it will be so much fun! I have been looking forward to this since last week when we made the plans. TJ really wants to see the croc-O-diles and truttles. I promised we would, so....I can't wait!

Okay, I guess I should go now. I'm sorry this post wasn't more interesting, but my brain is just mush. What with being prego, and now sick, I'm just not doing so well. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you later!
 
posted by Christi at 12:08 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger gina

    that sounds like fun at the park, minus the blazing sun burning you. lol.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I was thinking the same thing - next time let's do it earlier or later! LOL

    It was nice meeting you. Again, I'm sorry I was late!