Saturday, May 07, 2005
Did I mention how tired I am?
Goodness! I am in a mental quandry right now. As most of you know, when you are pregnant, you can only take medicine that costs a lot, but doesn't do anything. I have plenty of that, namely in the form of Tylenol Severe Cold. I figured if I bought the stuff for SEVERE sickness, maybe it would do SOMETHING. However, it's only non-drowsy. I found the other night, that when you take non-drowsy medicine at night, you can't sleep. So that night I didn't sleep. Last night, I opted not to take anything, hoping to be able to sleep, and again, was unable to sleep. Why, you ask? Because I couldn't breathe! So I went to the store today in the hopes of finding something I could take at night, and was unable to find anything that wasn't non-drowsy. All I want is some Nyquil. Nyquil knocks everything out, including me. However, Nyquil has alcohol in it, and I'm sure some other drug that I'm not supposed to have. I want it, though! So what's a girl to do? My mom said if I only take a small dose I will probably be okay, but then there's the whole fear of making the baby come out with a hand coming out of her nose b/c of the one small dose of Nyquil! Then I think about those people who do crack while their babies are in utero, and they come out fine. Don't you think crack is worse than Nyquil? I just don't know. What's more, I must decide this soon, as it's already getting late. If I take it, and don't do it soon, I will be knocked out until noon tomorrow! I think I'll go for it. Wish me luck, and don't yell at me too much if this is the totally wrong thing to do!

Today TJ and I went to see Blake and Julia play soccer. I can see why Wesley's so into it now. For the most part, it was just little people running all over a field chasing after a ball. However, Blake made a couple of very calculated kicks that were SOOOOO close to the goal. From the first one I saw, I was hooked, and I was so hoping to see another great play! Some of those kids take that stuff really seriously, Blake being one of them. Then there are the ones like Julia, who are mainly there to be with their friends. It was so cute while she was playing, b/c there was this time when all the kids were running after the ball, and it was a big moment, and I look over at Julia, and she's running the other way and looking at the cool shapes she's making with her hands! Gotta love her! For some very misguided and idiotic reason, I thought for sure that TJ would be totally enthralled by the whole thing, and watch eagerly for an hour and a half. Yeah....so when you're done laughing you can continue reading...

Did I mention, though, how much he TOTALLY loved the playground at the field?

Oh, and today TJ and I a crafty thing together! I can't tell any details yet, b/c what we did was for Mother's Day. What really sucks is that I won't get to see my mom till next week, so I can't even tell you what I did until then. It's not that big a deal, but I'm pretty excited about it. I hope Mommy, Gayle, Gina and Susan like them! Susan's is actually more for graduation from college than Mother's Day, seeing as how she doesn't actually have any kids. However, I wrote Happy Mother's Day on it, b/c she does have dogs! I'm just excited b/c TJ made them "all by himself", and didn't even make a big mess! I did learn something important, though. Don't plan for any really fun activity like that to last more than fifteen minutes for a 2 year old. After that, the interest is lost, and you find yourself fighting him to just stay a few more minutes and finish! Thankfully, it didn't last much more than that, but you could tell the pull of his toys was getting stronger each minute near the end there! Sometime this week I'll post a pic of what he did. By then you won't care anymore, but whatever...

Anyway, I guess that's it for me today. I'm really excited b/c I get to go to brunch tomorrow with The Greater Irmo Mother of the Year and her family (Gina, Wesley, Blake and Julia). That's pretty much going to be my Mother's Day celebration, and I just know it's going to be tons of fun! I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day, and I'll talk to you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 10:36 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Tell us how the Nyquil worked for you. A long time ago, when you could only get it in liquid form, I took a dose that just about killed me -- stomach pains. I have a hiatal hernia which I didn't know about at the time, so I'm sure that was the reason.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Good luck with the Nyquil! If it doesn't work you could always try some homeopathic remedies or something found at places like the Earthfare food store on Devine street. I always do things like hot showers or vapor rub because I hate taking medicine.

    I'm really interested in what you did for Mother's Day! lol You'll have to tell me on Monday. I did stepping stones, but I can't share the pictures until my mom's box arrives. *sniff* It was supposed to be there today, but didn't make it, so maybe Monday. My MIL did get hers and she loves it - probably not as much as the $2500 dining set and buffet my FIL got her for Mother's Day, but that's okay. LOL

    Happy Mother's Day!!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger gina

    I LOVE MY PRESENT TJ GAVE ME!! i need to find a special place to put it. it really is adorable, then again, anything my nephew does is quite cute!!
    glad you came to brunch today- it was fun!! food was fair, but the company was great!
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY