Monday, May 02, 2005
A long, relaxing (ha ha!) weekend...
So TJ went to his Nana's this weekend, and I got the time to myself. I will admit that I did get some stuff done that otherwise never would have happened, but I definitely did not get any rest. It was nice, though, although strange feeling. Yesterday I kept looking for TJ to wake up from his nap, and when I didn't see him for a while, I would get momentarily worried. Today after church I went to pick him up from the nursery, only to remember once I got there that he was not. I'm sure I looked dumb standing there in the hallway with a dumb "Where's my kid?" look on my face!

Anyway, yesterday I spent almost the entire day painting. That was not my intention, exactly. I did pretty much try to get rid of TJ so that I could paint the stuff for their room, but I didn't expect it to take me all day long! I really didn't stop, either, except to eat, and usually I would just bring it and eat while I painted. I still don't know why it took so long. I think, overall, everything came out pretty good, though. I also learned that even though the window is open, it's still not a good idea to spray down your newly painted wooden stuff with clear coat inside the house. It will get you high. I have to say, though, I felt quite nice and warm in the head for a while there!

When Trey got home we rented Ocean's Twelve. My guess is that the sequel to this one will be called Toulour's One. I'm sure I'm wrong, but it would be fitting judging by the end of the movie. If you have seen Ocean's Eleven, I think you will find this to be a very worthy follow-up. I, of course, thought I had predicted what was going on at one point, only to find that I had no clue whatsoever. I was a little upset around the middle of the movie, b/c it was called 12, yet there were only 10 people in on the heist. Of course, everything turned around, and yes, there were 12 by the big moment. I highly recommend this movie, and if you haven't seen the first one, the do that first. Even if you're not into this kind of movie, with crime capers and the like, you will like it. Besides, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Matt Damon are in it. Not a bad group to look at for a couple of hours, eh?

So today I went shopping on an errand for my mom to get some pants at Burke's. I am still a little excited, and wish it were for me, b/c I got two pairs of Dockers khaki pants that retail at $42/pair for $.85 a piece. I'm upset that I could only find two pairs, but still...It's very exciting to be able to do that! Afterward, I went to Michael's to get a few things, including putty to hang up the stuff on TJ's wall (it REALLY works well), and a glue gun to finish Taryn's name letters (notice the ribbon on them on the wall, but not in the first pic). I also got some unfinished shelves on sale for $6.99 that are usually $14.99, so that was cool. Plus, they give me a new project to do for the babies' room. Of course while I was there I found a ton of already painted little wooden things just like the ones I did yesterday! I got a few, as you can see on Taryn's wall, but it irked me a bit that I didn't see them before. Oh well...I'm more proud of the ones I did anyway....

We had a dinner at church tonight where we got to meet our secret prayer partners for the Elijah Ministry Project. I secretly prayed for a teenage girl at my church, Julie, during the school year, but she didn't know who I was. Plus, I sent her cards and gifts and the like, so that was kinda fun. She seemed to genuinely be thankful for my praying. I liked doing it, and I don't plan to quit. She's going off to Wake Forest (I learned this tonight) for college next year, so I'm sure she'll need some extra prayer there! She's like this uber-genius, and I had to be sure to try to sound intelligent when I was with her (and as I wrote throughout the year). We're pretty different, I would think, but she seemed pretty cool. I, of course, forgot to bring a gift for her, but I promised I would remember to bring it and hunt her down later. I hate being so braindead!

Lastly, Trey and I took advantage of no kid tonight and went to see The Amityville Horror. It has Ryan Reynolds in it, whom I find to be quite nice to look at. Oh, and it was a good movie, too. If you don't like gore, though, it's probably not for you. I mean, there's not a lot in it, but there are little flashes that really creep you out. There was definitely a lot of suspense, with plenty of jumping moments. Just ask Trey...his poor inner thigh is bruised and sore now (I'm a grabber!). I have seen the original, but don't remember it that well. Trey said it's similar, but goes more deeply into the actual background of the house and the history and whatnot. I liked it. We are now convinced that there are hidden torture chambers in our old house, too, and we're going to go and knock out the wall in the pantry to find them. I'm sure the guy who's buying it from us won't mind, right?

Well, since I've now gone on too long, I'll be going. Do check out my pics of the baby stuff. I'm kinda happy and proud with the way it came out. I hope it pleases you to look at as well. Have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 12:50 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sounds pretty productive!! Where'd you get the wooden letters? I've been looking for a good deal on some for awhile, and really, I am just too lazy to head out to the Michael's down on Two Notch. lol

    BTW - I don't know if you're in Northeast Cola., but there is a Northeast Moms Yahoo Group!! It's pretty active! If you're interested in joining it, let me know and I will ask the moderators to invite you! ;)

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm steal reeling from the .85 pants. How does your mother find these things? The only time I've ever had such awesome deals was at yard sales.

    The painting looks awesome. I would be proud too if I were you.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Kurt

    You are ON FIRE over there! What a worker.

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger k8

    u remind me of an oldschool beastie boys song. can u guess which one? xok8