Wednesday, April 27, 2005
AMERICA, YOU SUCK!!!
I'm sorry, but what American Idol are you American people watching! This is the umpteenth week now that Scott has been saved by the stupid* Americans who should not be allowed to have phones, much less near them. Umm, and Anthony? He needs to go, too. I mean, it's inevitable that they will go soon. Bo, Carrie, and Vonzell need to be in the top three. Then Vonzell will have to go. Then Bo and Carrie will totally hook up and make the hottest couple around, and no one will care who wins, so they both will! Yep, that's how it has to go! Needless to say, I, again, played the role of bad mom tonight during the show. TJ had calmed down, and was going to go to bed right after the show was over. Of course, this was to be after Scott was voted off, and I could go back to enjoying the Tuesday shows again. Instead, some idiots* voted for Scott and Anthony instead of Constantine, and I was left upset....very upset. I screamed and screamed! TJ chanted with me, "Scott sucks!" and got all riled up again, complete with bouncing on the furniture and hitting everything he could. So anyway, on to the next subject, but American Idol voters....get with it and start listening on Tuesdays!!!

*if you voted for Scott or Anthony, I'm not calling you an idiot or stupid...I meant the other people who voted for them (I just want you to come back and keep reading!).

As for my last post, I guess I kinda already knew what the comments would be, for the most part, I just needed to have it told to me. However, some stuff was brought to my attention that I hadn't thought about. For instance, my thought on making sure TJ got out and about as much as possible was that I was making up for lost time and to get in as much as possible before the baby comes. However, I didn't think about the fact that he would come to expect it. Yeah, I know for a fact that when the baby is born, we won't be leaving the house unless Daddy is there for a while! So I'm glad that was brought up. I also made up a tentative schedule (I'll have to see how it goes) today for my days. Of course it's open to change, as my days do still involve changes, but hopefully I can kinda stick to it. It's really no different than what I loosely do now, but it's more set now that I wrote it down, or something like that. I'd tell it to you, but I think that you may be aghast at it, and I don't want to hear it when you see how my days go! I do feel better, though, and I'm glad that I'm not the only imperfect parent out there, and that no one is expecting me to be one. I do want to be a great parent, though. I see really bad parents all the time, and the outcome of bad parenting, and I have to admit that it puts a lot of pressure on me to be better than that. I will say, though, that as far as the consistency thing, and trying to be TJ's friend, I'm not worried about that. I agree with Julia that it's hard to be consistent all the time, b/c TJ really tries to test me, and it is really draining. He won't just stop b/c I say no, so I have to continually get up from what I'm doing to make him stop. He has been in time-out a few times in the last couple of days, and that's not hard for me. I know he'll still love me even if I do punish him...I mean, I still love my mom! (ha ha! Just wanted to see what you say to that, Mommy!) I always just fear that he won't be the genius that I knwo he is b/c I'm too lazy to teach him! I'm sure that's a bit of an exaggeration, though. I'm sure my mom took some days off, and I still turned out a genius... :)

Anyway, thanks everyone for your help.

One question now, who do you want to win American Idol, and why? I'm all for Carrie. She's messed up the last couple of weeks, so she better get on the ball, but she still ROCKS! She just looks like she's been doing it for years when she's up there! Alright, talk to you later, and you have a terrific day!
 
posted by Christi at 11:16 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I want to see your schedule! I have sort of schedule/routine. My kids have hours where they entertain themselves, and they always watch George Shrinks at 2:00 if they can help it.

    If I could go back to age 2, what I would do for teaching is set a bare minimum, and then after that anything else we do is like bonus material. The bare minimum would be like read one book and do one activity like make a block tower together or fingerpaint or blow bubbles, whatever. Then I would know something had been accomplished, and I wouldn't feel guilty that I should be trying to recreate preschool at home, which would never happen.

    Sometimes I read what other people get done, and I am amazed, and then I feel like I'm not accomplished enough. Thinking like that does no good. This is one of those areas that I have to trust God to take care of me. Sometimes I will say, "Lord, guide me through this day/hour/minute and give me the wisdom to know what to do." I'm also learning to trust God to take care of his children that are on loan to me, and realize that I don't have to be everything to them. God will take care of it, and I can just trust that.

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Same thing happens every year. Last year Jennifer went in the same round. In fact, the best three singers were all in the bottom group. I don't have a favorite this year. There's no Clay, for example, who we all know really won.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I taped AI last night and I haven't watched it yet. I decided I'd hear the news from you first.

    Constantine was too pouty for me, so I'm not sad, really. As long as Anthony doesn't win, I'm happy. I'm pretty sure Scott won't either, so any of the other 3 is fine by me.

    Look how quickly you abandoned your Bo, tho!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Christi

    No, no, I didn't abandon Bo. I've been for Carrie the whole time. I just kinda like Bo, too. I wouldn't be too terribly upset if he won and Carrie came in second.

    I REALLY hope you're kidding about Scott. I might have to change my mind about having you over...

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Well, Scott will kill us all someday, but in the mean time, I fell for his whole "I gotta prove my dad wrong" thing. He has gotten way farther than i thought he would, i must say.

    As for Bo, I was confusing you with renee!

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What a great site
    » » »