Monday, April 25, 2005
Not much going on
I had my second shower yesterday. It was pretty cool. I'm glad the people who showed up did, b/c they are all cool people. However, I was a little upset at some of the people who didn't come. I guess I felt a little let down. But hey, at least now I know who my real friends are, right? I mean, there were some people who legitimately couldn't come, but for the most part, the people I was hoping would come didn't even rsvp.

Anyway, besides that, I had fun. There were about 9 people there total, with me included. It was held at Atlanta Bread Company, one of my most favorite places to eat. I love that Gina, my sis-in-law who threw it for me, decided to have it there. I just think that was so original and unique! She had all these pink plates and pink stuff out, and it was so cute! I have really started to take to this pink thing, and quite frankly, it's scaring the bejeesus out of me! What I really liked was that she had these little cards on the plates that had nifty little quotes and pictures on them. That was a nice touch I've never seen before, and may have to copy if I ever get a chance to do something cool like that one day! She had a tray of pastries from ABC and some mixed fruit, and that was cool. It was nice a light...of course, being that I was there, I had to buy coffee, sooo...

We played two games. Well, the first wasn't so much a game as it was just making everyone use their brains. Gina had everyone write down their favorite easy recipe on an index card for me to use once the baby was born. I was looking at them last night, and I have to say I think I'll use pretty much every one of them! Not only were they all simple to do, but they also looked like they'd be delicious! I put mine in just to play along, which was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and ramen noodles. I eat that so much that TJ now thinks it's a matched set, and looks for noodles anytime I give him pb&j now! The next game was where we had to sniff 6 jars of baby food and guess what they were. It was challenging, but I have the advantage of not being too far out of baby food land on my side. I got 5 out of 6 right, and the one I missed was pears, which I forgot even existed! That was pretty fun! I didn't realize, either, that carrots and sweet potatoes looked and smelled so much alike!

Afterwards, we chatted for a few minutes, b/c we were hoping Susan would get there (she was running late), but to no avail. So I went ahead and opened presents. I got a waterproof pad for the crib mattress, which I really needed, and a nice sage green sheet for it from Lynda. Ruth gave me the cutest little purple gingham dress w/matching bloomers and hat and some burpcloths. Louisa gave me a back seat mirror and a neck support w/Elmo and Cookie Monster on it, which TJ has already taken to be his own personal neck warmer to wear around the house! Susan gave me a gift card for Wal-Mart (when she got there), which I have already used to order a car seat protector/toy holder that I really wanted to get! It was perfect! Lastly, my Sunday school class gave me a carseat! How wonderful! I have to say, I am a truly blessed person, and I totally believe that God is totally looking out for me! I mean, everything I got yesterday is something that I had registered for and was really hoping to get. Like, you know there are some things you can take or leave, but some things you just really know you'll need. That was yesterday...and the other shower for that matter. My friends and family ROCK!

What was really cool is that after the shower Susan stuck around (my sister) and hung out with all of us. We went to eat at California Dreaming and saw Trey for a few minutes, then chilled at Wesley and Gina's house. It was a nice evening. We also took a cool pic of the three of us w/the kids. I wish I had it on my computer, but I don't. If I can get it from Gina I'll post it, b/c it's a pretty cool pic.

Anyway, for those that wanted to know, that was my other shower. I had a nice time, and I'm so thankful to Gina for being so sweet and throwing it for me! I am such a lucky person! I hope your day yesterday, and today, was great, and that tomorrow is even better! I will talk to you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 1:02 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Seems like things are going well. good for you.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Sounds great. Now you get the fun of organizing all your new stuff and dreaming of Taryn.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I'm just so glad you didn't play the diaper game.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger k8

    i rule at baby shower games. i woulda won fer sure. i want to send you a baby present.if you believe that i am not a psychotic stalker send me your address.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Christi

    Oh, the diaper game was so much fun, though!