Sunday, June 15, 2008
Three years for Taryn!
How happy was Taryn about the cool make-up and art sets she got yesterday at her birthday party? See for yourself:

She had a princess party, and there was quite a showing. I was actually pretty surprised at the amount of people that came. All the girls came looking like princesses, and we made tiaras and jewelry to go with their beautiful dresses! The boys had pirate stuff to make, although most of them showed very little interest in doing so. TJ, Taryn and I made a pinata...sorta. Later, I'll tell you a story about Friday night that had a large bearing on why we didn't have time to finish it, and it became a table centerpiece instead. It worked, though. They just took it outside and beat it to death on the ground. Either little girls that are three like art a lot, or Taryn somehow made it apparent that she does, b/c she got a lot of art sets (which she is loving) and make-up, which, as you can see, she has put to good use. Overall, it was an awesome party. Oh, and my mom made the cake, which was not only cool looking, but moist and tasty to boot! Even Taryn's much-too-old boyfriend Justin came. I only allow their relationship b/c he seems like a good guy...even though 22 seems a bit old for her. (forgive the poor shape of the pics...apparently someone smudged something all over my lens, and I didn't notice it till it was too late!)















See that gorgeous baby up there somewhere? That's my neice Jadyn with her mommy, my sister Susan, and Uncle Patrick. Oh, and I was busy helping Taryn open presents, so all the pics of those don't exist, b/c I wasn't taking them!

If you're still here, I'll tell you why we didn't finish the pinata. We were busy Friday getting the house cleaned up for the party, and Trey bent down to turn of the shop vac he was using to suck up corner dirt. The next thing I know, he's on the kitchen floor looking like one of those dead people outlines and screaming for me to help him. In the tiny bend he made, he managed to throw his back out entirely. He spent the good part of the day lying on the kitchen floor, until he finally got sick b/c I gave him too many Tylenol, and decided to go to the hospital. We spent the entire night there, and thus, I was not able to finish the pinata as planned. Oh, and he is still pretty bad off, and it sucks, b/c I have learned that although I feel strong, carrying a 200+ lb. guy around is not easy or fun. Poor Trey, though, you can tell he's really frustrated with the whole deal. We're going to hit up a doctor's office early tomorrow morning, and hopefully they will get him on the path to wellness. What sucks even more is that he's on his vacation right now, and he had planned all kinds of projects to finish around the house, and instead he's wasting it sitting around in pain. I will say, though, we're getting the most time spent with him than ever before...although the fact that he's in pain and not able to do much or be touched much makes it not quite the "quality time" I'd hoped it would be!

Oh, and Happy Father's Day to any guy who might happen to read this and have kids!

Have a great day! I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 9:30 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Unknown

    We had fun. All the pictures are good, but that one of Patrick holding Jayden is especially print worthy.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Thank you, but I'm fairly certain I don't have any kids.

    You do know that you're supposed to hang the pinata, right?

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger gina

    cute party!! princess taryn must have loved it- great cake too

    jadyn is adorable ahh!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Carrie

    wow!! 3 already!! seriously!


    so cute; I can't believe what a big girl she's becoming. glad you guys had fun! and kudos on the cake! it looks great!