Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Knock down, drag out Mother's Day!
Julia got breakfast in bed. My mom got dinner out on Saturday night. My mom took dinner to Grandma. Nana got dinner, and a weekend with her three grandbabies from me. I got to work 11 hours at Trey's restaurant!

Yep, that's right, I worked. Last year, Trey asked if I wanted to come in and help out on Mother's Day. So, I shipped the kids off to Nana's house, and in I went. This year, I was asked if I was coming again, and I said, "ABSOLUTELY!" Do you think I'm crazy? So do I. It was fun, though. If you don't have to go into work and kill yourself everyday in a restaurant, it's not so bad. It's also the busiest day of the year there, and after not having worked there in over seven years, it feels pretty good to still be not only good at my former job, but much better than a lot of people who are doing it everyday now. Plus, I got lots and lots of "Happy Mother's Day"'s from people working there, so that was pretty neat. Don't get me wrong, I could have crawled into a hole and spent a week there once it was all over with. I was so sore and TIRED, but it was fun, and I can't wait to get to do it again next year!

Guess who didn't tell me "Happy Mother's Day"? My brother. Get this: He calls me as we're driving out of the parking lot from work (around 10:45 pm). I smile, thinking he's called to tell me "HMD", and pick up the phone. Apparently, he wants to do something nice for his girlfriend, and since he himself has just gotten off of work, he wants to do it then. He hints to me (ie-asks w/o coming right out with it) no less than three times that he needs someone to watch her son. "Uhhhh, oh, so you don't have your kids, huh? I don't guess you'd want to have Cyrus over to sleep on your couch then, huh?" Uhhh, NO! Something about not having my own kids to watch, and having just worked a LONG shift, which I'm not accustomed to, AND being asked to babysit at 11 o'clock at night...What a DICK! Yeah, and he didn't even bother to bust out a "HMD". Screw him, he will NOT be getting a "Happy Father's Day" call from me.

We did celebrate Mother's Day, though. Last night we went out bowling with my mom and Bo. It was a lot of fun. Bo had never bowled before last night, and he did really well considering. I think the games he lost, he was only behind by a few pins. Not to brag on myself...oh, who am I kidding, this is MY blog!...but I was the one to beat. Well, at least on the second game! I made a 141! Whoo hoo, go me! I was very proud, and have told everyone about it over and over again today. Yeah, it doesn't take much! I had been thinking we'd go see a movie or something, but I'm really glad we did that instead. I had a lot of fun, and so did everyone else.

Anyway, gotta go to bed now. Have a great day, and I'll see you later!
 
posted by Christi at 11:48 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Does your brother have kids?

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You would so beat me in bowling. I'm guessing even Bo would beat me.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Is it too late to say Happy Mother's Day?