Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Other meanings...

"Take it where you shake it", a popular new phrase out on the "streets", has now made its way into the Urban Dictionary. Here, the definition means to "go away". However, I may have found a different meaning for this phrase that fits my own life.

Last week, we went over to Julia's mom's house and played on her new Wii. It was instant love for Trey. We had already talked about getting one in the future, b/c it's much more active than most video game systems, and the games look like fun. We'd considered getting one w/the tax relief money we're supposed to get soon. That was the plan.

However, since Friday, Trey has thought of nothing else. We ran to Wal-Mart the other day, and he was supremely dismayed to find that they were sold out. Sam's, too. Best Buy, too. Target, too. The man who can't pick up a phone to call his own mother on Mother's Day actually picked up the phone to call Circuit City and every other place he could think of to try to find one. All sold out. Even online. I figured it was over.

Little did I know, someone decided to sell theirs on craigslist for a steal. So, guess what...we now have a Wii. He's playing it right now. Has been all day long. He wants everyone we know to come over and play it. TJ loves it. Even I am kinda enjoying it. I beat TJ at bowling, so yeah, I enjoyed it (only b/c he beat me the first game, and said, "I'm gonna let you win this one, Mommy, so you can win one, too. Oh, but I'm still gonna win." ???)

Anyway, back to my point. I would like to enter an alternate definition of "Take it where you shake it" to mean "Get your stuff where you live". Yep, cause that's what I do w/craigslist. So far, just this week we've gotten a Wii and a play car for Cole for the back yard. The list is too long to go into of all of the stuff I've gotten from craigslist. Even our new AWESOME babysitter was found through craigslist. So, I think that craigslist new motto could be "Take it where you shake it". Yep, I shake it here in SC, and that's where I want to take my stuff!

PS-Go here: Wii Have a Problem
It's a website devoted to bad stuff happening w/people's Wii's (breaking tv's w/remotes, remotes flying out of windows, etc.). Great stuff!
 
posted by Christi at 2:26 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kurt

    As the coiner of the phrase, I am saddened by this bastardization of TIWYSI, but I resignedly admit that I cannot control the course of the language. It goes where it must. If it is in the service of craigslist, then all the better.

    Your life has been changed by craigslist, therefore your life has been changed by me. Please send presents of thanks.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I did tell you Mac broke my mom's overhead light with the Wii, right?

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger gina

    Sounds fun- good family entertainment. we are a guitar hero/sing star family here...

    wes is gonna be in town for the cooper river bridge run- hopes to see his nephew he has never seen, and his new niece he has never seen. what kinda uncle.....??

    i told him to take it where he shakes it.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Carrie

    get the Carnival game.. it has skee ball, the ring toss.. so cute. rhena gets a kick out of it!


    but congrats! have fun!


    (ps.. my arm was SORE the first week after too many rounds of boxing!)

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Carrie

    and PS #2... I shake my booty. I will most certainly NOT "take it" there!

    HAH!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jessica Dotter

    Hello Christi! Thanks for reading. BTW, I've been wanting to get a Wii. Is it as marvelous as everyone claims, doll?
    xxoo
    Edie

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Natalie

    ccol that you have a wii.

    I am going to have to check out craigslist