Saturday, June 11, 2005
It gets better
Okay, so my mood has changed a bit from yesterday (it actually got better not long after I wrote that last post). I just can't stay in a bad mood, which I suppose is good. It just makes life kinda suck, know what I mean?

Anyway, so I guess this baby is gonna come when she's good and ready. I should get used to that. After all, she is a girl (I REALLY hope so, at least!), and we all know that girls do what girls want to do, when they want to do it. I wouldn't expect that Trey could get me to do anything I didn't want to do until I was ready. So, at least I know she will fit right in! Of course, that doesn't give me hope as far as being the one in charge! How will I defer control of the house to a tiny, tiny person!? Poor Trey and TJ...I am still hoping that she decides to come on her own, today preferrably. I kinda just want to have that moment where I have to call Trey at work (on line 5), and he freaks out a little, and everyone goes "Awhooooo" to him, and he has to rush home. Then, where I call everyone else I know and get them up from whatever they were doing so they can all rush to Columbia to see her. That would be fun. Now that I have a set date, the suspense is not as strong, so I could handle a surprise...and that would be ideal! I've tried EVERYTHING I can do to try to induce my own labor, save castor oil (I'm not even going there!). I have to say, none of it has worked (obviously), but I am damn sore now all over (I won't go into details, but every part of my body has been "massaged" in some way or another in the last week!).
We'll see, I guess...

Last night was kinda cool. We went to Finlay Park and saw Shark Tale on an outside screen, and got free popcorn and drinks and popsicles. It's this weekly thing some local church does where they play movies on Friday nights there. It's neat. I wanted to go last week, but it was cancelled b/c of rain. Last night it probably should have been...the grass was SOOOO mushy, and I got mud on my feet (I had flip-flops on! It was SOOOOO gross!). However, the weather was so nice. It was actually kinda cool outside (Trey got cold, wuss!). Even TJ seemed to enjoy it, of course we kept feeding him popcorn, so...I guess I'm glad that I didn't have the baby yesterday, b/c that's probably the only chance I'm going to get to go for a while, eh! Oh, and Gina and kids and her friend Karen and daughter came, too. I think they had a good time, too. Gina, did Blake find his bracelet?

Many, many thanks go out to Curlytrouble, who is TERRIFIC! She is hosting an internet baby shower for me today on her blog. Is that not the coolest thing! Please stop by and say hi. She totally made my day, which is really coming in handy right now. I might even be driven to shower and move today b/c I'm in such a good mood! Sometimes I wonder if blog friends aren't better than real friends? Maybe I should just go all-out intenet...Okay, maybe that's just taking it a little too far!

Alright, I'll talk to you later. Hope you have a mondo-fantastic day!
 
posted by Christi at 11:13 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Tammy

    I'm so glad I made your day. I know you have been down these last couple of days, with thinking about your house, money and Taryn, when and if she comes...and She will come.

    I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and that I hope all goes well. I can't wait to meet Taryn and I am hoping today is the day, but I guess not. I guess we will have to wait and see.

    I hope you keep smiling for the rest of the time that Taryn in still inside you.
    I do know once she does come, you will be smiling from ear to ear. But until then Keep up those Smiles. After all You said you love HAPPY FACES and it shows on your blog. So keep on smiling.

    Ciao Girl and Take it easy.
    Sit back and let us ladies get you a drink and some finger foods. Enjoy your Blogger Baby Shower, I know I am!!

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Kim

    Christi-
    Best wishes! I'm toasting right now for you! Taryn is a very pretty name. I cant wait to see pictures of your precious new bundle of joy!
    Thanks for the invite Curlytrouble - you are the best!

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Melissa

    Curlytrouble sent me. Sending birth vibes your way. What a beautiful blanket you are going to be getting!

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger suze

    Sending some baby vibes your way. Come out and play, Taryn. We're ready to meet you, and I know you mama is more than ready.

    Hang in there, Christi! You've been in my thoughts and prayers. You are almost there. :)

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Judy

    stopping by via curlytrouble - happy baby-to-be! Put your feet up and enjoy the peace! I brought you some castor oil, but we can try it on my very preggo sister-in-law instead if you'd like...just spike the punch with it - she'll never know!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger karla

    CurlyTrouble is so sweet! What a great idea!


    Glad you spared your body the nastiness of castor oil. I haven't heard of anyone having a good experience with that stuff.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Hey Christi, I haven't heard from you today.
    Are you ok? Are you having Taryn as we speak?
    Please give us an update if you are reading this and are still at home. I want to know if your ok.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Christi

    Nope, here I am. I think I just commented on your blog, Curly.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Oh man, I was really hoping you were having your baby.