Friday, June 10, 2005
Another one bites the dust
Alrighty then....THE HOUSE IS GONE!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT AGAIN!!!!!!

For those of you just coming into my little blogging world in the last few months, you may or may not know about my dear house. We live in an apartment in Columbia now, b/c Trey was transferred here a while back. However, once upon a time, we lived in a little town called Lancaster, SC. It SUCKED! However, we had a very nice house there, which we loved, and we let it suck us down. Upon realizing that the daily 1 1/2 hour drive to and from Columbia per person for work, one way, was killing us, we decided to use the gas money to pay rent and just live in Columbia. However, all of this time, we had our house up for sale (about 1 1/2 years now), and were having no luck at selling it. It wouldn't have been so bad, except that making a $1200/mo. house payment on top of a $700/mo. rent payment really wasn't working for us. Well, at least not if we wanted to eat! So, we opted to just stop paying it, and risk foreclosure. Needless to say, a buyer came to our rescue, and after a LONG and HARD road, we have now officially signed all the papers and paid all the money, and SOLD OUR HOUSE! I feel like a million pounds has been lifted off of my shoulders now, and we can finally really move on with our lives. I will say, though, it will be hard to buy a house again for a long time, after all of the trouble we have been through with this one. So, so long Canterbury house. Good riddens!

Oh, and on another up note about the house...As far as the money we had to pay goes, I think we may be alright. We didn't think about escrow. They told us we should get whatever was left in it sometime soon. I really don't think there will be much there, but I figure anything will help. Plus, I have some money that I can get (with a penalty, of course, but...) that will hopefully cover the rest. If we're lucky, it will even help with the month that I won't be getting any unemployment. See, I tell ya, God is SO AWESOME!

So, now I can move on to happier things....namely Taryn. It seems that at around 4 am this past morning, she decided to drop. I was immediately awakened with back pains and a sudden four thousand pound weight in my lower abdomen! Plus, I had a voracious appetite to clean...even more so than I have been lately! I got up and packed TJ an overnight bag in case, washed dishes, cleaned up around the house, and read my Mayo Clinic book about early labor. It seems that I was having many signs of early labor at the time...lower back pains, sudden "lightening" (baby dropped), small contractions in my upper abdomen (which later stopped, and haven't really been back but every now and then), and regular visits to the ladies' room. Later in the day, I started feeling quite sick, and in the early evening, I got a fever and started sweating like crazy. All of these symptoms are signals that labor is on its way. Here's the kicker, though. Everything says this is all good, however, it says these signs can last UP TO A WEEK! Ummm, not cool. I'm ready NOW! So, here I am at 1 am, waiting patiently. Thankfully, I go to the dr. tomorrow at 10 am, so I'm gonna hopefully get some kind of hope then. I am SO ready to meet Taryn!

Okay, one last thought, then I'll let you go (if you're still here!). I was talking to Julia on the phone earlier, and we were talking about gut instincts. I had one today, which I won't go into details about. It was very disturbing to me, and I was kinda shocked that I even thought what I did. I really had nothing to base this feeling on, but I just felt strongly about it when I thought it. Julia and I agreed that gut feelings like this come from somewhere, and come for a reason. I have to say, I think that my best trait in school was just following my gut when answering questions on tests and stuff. I got good grades, overall. Usually, if I listen to gut feelings like that, they are right a lot of the time. Trey agreed, also, that he finds his to be true most of the time. So this leads me to ask, do you ever get gut instinct feelings? If so, have you ever acted upon them, and what happened? The one I had today, like I said, I had nothing to back up, and wouldn't dare act upon. However, I just can't shake it, and it's really starting to make me think. I wanna hear from you...

Alrighty, hopefully I'll have some good news soon. I hope your day goes wonderfully as well. Talk to you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 12:38 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger karla

    Your gut feelings and intuition are one of the most powerful gifts a human has. I wrote a big essay on this a long time ago, but I’ll keep this short. I believe that humans all have a gift of ESP, or in a much more subdued state, intuition or “gut feelings”. I can’t help but wonder how humans communicated before language and words existed. Telepathy perhaps? It was through the evolution of our language that sadly, this sixth sense has become dormant. Just like our wisdom teeth, we don’t all have them anymore because evolution means we don’t need them.

    Go with your gut feeling Christi!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    My gut instinct tells me you're going to hae a baby soon.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    I get them all the time. My husband thinks I'm crazy at some of the things that come to me but in the end they are mostly true. Have of the time I don't act on them and then I regret it later when I find out I should have. I have learned now to act of them.

    I say go with your gut feeling.

    Hey I say baby come on June 11,2005. I hope Im right. Good luck girl. Looking forward to hearing some good news.
    Great news about the house. GOD IS GOOD. Blessings!!