Friday, July 04, 2008
Happy Fourth!
I hope you all are having a wonderful Fourth of July, out celebrating the spirit of freedom that our ancestors fought for. I think we're going to do something...just not sure what yet!

The other day I was working on laundry...you know, the never-ending pile that grows everytime you blink. I usually make my little piles of each person's stuff all over the living room floor, which really isn't practical, since little people find it entertaining to walk all over the nice, neat little piles and see how much they can mess them up! So I got up to go to the bathroom, and when I came back, I met "Panty Girl". She came out of nowhere, with stealth that could only be compared to that of a wounded horse as it tries to run off of the side of a mountain. She stumbled into me, her face in mine, and announced her title, and that she was there to save me. "Thank goodness," I thought, "I was just looking for someone to save me." Here I was thinking that she was going to take over laundry duty and I could go take a nap or watch tv or something. I mean, she was "Panty" Girl, after all--don't clothes stick together?

As quickly and clumsily as she arrived, she wiggled and stumbled her way out of the room. I wondered what was her purpose in alerting me to her presence and her motive, but, alas, I was not to find out then. Later, I ran into her sidekick, "Underwear Boy", who also shared the same quick and bumbling ways. Perhaps it was the under clothing wrapped around their ankles...perhaps it was just how underwear super heroes are supposed to be. I may never know. I tried in desperation to ask Underwear Boy why they had come. Was it to save me from my laundry when I wasn't looking? Was it to save me from myself? What, what were they here to save me from? I was not graced with an answer to these questions. The only response I got was, "Mommy, can Cole-Cole put diapers all over him?" Yes, perhaps there is a hidden power in covering yourself in your under clothes. (Later, I wrapped myself in my bras and panties and tried to fly...no, no, there is no power in that!)

I often think of these wonderful beings of underwear fortitude. I wonder, "Did they, in fact, save me without my even knowing it? Have they brought me closer to myself, closer to God, closer to unfettered love?" I don't know, but I do know that I will never, ever forget my special visit from those unmasked superheroes.

 
posted by Christi at 11:36 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Kurt

    They do not seem thrilled to be photographed!

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Christi

    No, no...Taryn is thrilled, TJ is trying to look tough. Doesn't he look tough?

    Oh, I'm sorry...they look so much like my little ones! I meant Panty Girl and Underwear Boy!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Unknown

    That's hilarious!