Friday, July 18, 2008
CREEPY!

Okay, so the mom's group I'm in has had this loop going on the message board for a few days about dolls. Namely, creepy dolls. I think I may have started it by mentioning the movie "Dolls" from wayyyyy back when, and how it totally creeped me out. People have been putting links to different kinds of dolls up to check out.

(Actually, I believe the main loop started when someone asked something about where they could find American-made dolls for their daughter or something like that, but...)

I've been going to said links, and I can honestly say that dolls are 100% creepier to me now than they ever were! I can't believe that there are people out there that make some of these things!


Link to article
These "reborn" baby dolls are apparently made to look and feel just like real babies, right down to their chests rising and falling like they're breathing. Supposedly, people collect them, and some grieving parents get them to replace lost babies. That just seems kind of sick to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong...


Here's Blythe. She apparently came around in the early 70's, but her eyes that changed color scared little girls (uhhh, really?), so they dropped them. Then, some chick made them popular again through photos or something, and now you can get them again. Uhhh, no thanks.
Link to Blythe website

WTF!!!!!!!

Oh, and do check this out. One chick said she actually saw him, Robert the Doll, in Key West, and it was freaky as hell.
 
posted by Christi at 9:47 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Kurt

    That's a terrible song, too.

    I bet you haven't been sleeping much.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Christi

    Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, keeps me from my sleep! They were putting up siding on my house last week, right outside my room, and I slept right through the banging and drilling and cutting and everything. No doll's gonna keep me from sleeping!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Carrie

    dude. I have posted about dolls like this AT LEAST TWICE.


    freaky-deaky-doo. seriously.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Mighty Dyckerson

    Interesting. All my dolls are inflatable and anatomically correct.