Wednesday, March 26, 2008
News of the weird...
So, yesterday, Trey was taking a shower before work. I overheard him say, "This does not seem good at all." I wondered what he meant, so I asked. He said his face felt like it was going numb on one side, and told me about when he was little how the same thing had happened. Shortly after getting out of the shower, his arm on the same side went numb, which really freaked him out. So, he went on to work and told them the story. Then they sent him on to the doctor. The diagnosis: Bells Palsy, which is what he had before. Now, the left side of his face is completely numb (his arm is fine now, though...thank goodness, b/c he was worried it was a stroke!). He can't close his eye all the way, which is making it dry out and seriously bothering him. It's weird, his cheek skin is all saggy and soft, while the right side is tight. I keep putting my hand in front of his face and saying, "Trey now, Trey later. Trey now, Trey later. Trey now...." you get the point. Other than saggy face, he seems to be fine, though, thankfully. The dr. said he caught it early enough that he shouldn't have any problem. He has to take some medicine five times a day for ten days, and then some other med. twice a day. Igh! Supposedly, this should last about ten days or so. Unfortunately, he's going to have a problem w/his eye, especially when he goes to work tomorrow, since the heat from the lamps will really dry it out. Soooo, he might have to wear a patch. I say he goes all out and plays the best damn pirate California Dreaming has ever seen!

Anyway, that aside, I have to take TJ to the dentist tomorrow morning to get his cavities fixed. It will cost $400-something up front. Then, I'll have to take him back later to finish the job, and that will cost $300-something, also up front. I'm squirming just thinking about it! Anyone want to make a donation? I don't know what happened to just tying a string around a tooth and hooking it to a door to slam. Much, much cheaper. That kid better love me!

Well, gotta go to bed now. Busy day tomorrow, what with spending my life's savings on a couple of teeth! I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you later!

PS-Watch the video in my post under this one. It's crazy!
 
posted by Christi at 11:00 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger karla

    I had never heard of Bells Palsy until my mom got it and I remember she thought she was having a stroke too when it happened. She had to use eye drops to keep her eye moistened and actually had to tape it shut in the shower and at night for the first little while.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Aren't they baby teeth? Don't fix them; he's going to get a second set to replace them.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    My daughter first had Bells Palsy when she was 7 and again when she was 10. It is really freaky to look at because your first thought is a stroke. I was told to use over the counter eye drops because her one eye would not close all the way either. Hers always starts with one side of her tongue going numb.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    My daughter first had Bells Palsy when she was 7 and again when she was 10. It is really freaky to look at because your first thought is a stroke. I was told to use over the counter eye drops because her one eye would not close all the way either. Hers always starts with one side of her tongue going numb.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I didn't know Bell's palsy was so common until I read these comments. I hope Trey feels better soon.