Monday, March 14, 2005
Shopping is TIRING!
We had an inservice day today, which means no students and taking classes to get some larnin' done. I learned a lot, and I really hope I can put it to use. However, it meant sitting on my buttocks the whole day....not fun! So I thought that meant that I would not be tired, b/c I didn't really "do" anything, at least as far as movement goes. I went to see Trey at work and eat with him after work, and then decided to go shopping for a little while and get some stuff we need. Trey really needs some dress shirts for work, TJ needs some summer clothes, and I need some maternity clothes. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but shopping for that stuff is a lot more tiring than I thought! I went to Wal-Mart, my second home, and while I was there I decided that TJ needs a tie for Easter. Do you know that they do not have any clip-on ties for little boys!? I got so frustrated! When I saw how mad I was getting, I came to the conclusion it was time to come home. I'm here now, and I feel much better....so tired....

So, TJ and I named the fishies yesterday. In case I didn't mention it, one of the second set just died for no known reason. It was acting a little strange the night before, and we kinda thought it was laying eggs or something. Well, TJ refused to accept that there were more than two fish anyway, so it kinda works. They seem to work together well. Anyway, I wanted to name the one with a black stripe down its back Spike, but TJ seemed set on Rock. Cool with me. The other one is gold with a white belly, and he chose the name Water. I thought they were Rock and Water. Cool with me. Then, Trey gets home, and Rock was Spike! Okay, so they are Spike and Water. I'm so excited! My baby named his first pets! He has his first pets! Sure, we had a dog and two cats when he was born, but they weren't his. He didn't care one bit about them. Pud (the dog) lives with Trey's parents now, and he has no idea that that was once our dog. Now, he has two fishies that are his responsibility. He feeds them twice a day, and we watch them eat and play in their water. He is so excited about his fishies. That makes me so excited!

I think I'm a little rambly today. It might be b/c I'm tired, and I don't think my brain is on anymore. I know I have thoughts, but they don't seem to be complete or something. I do have a question for you, though. What are the "guy" chores in your house, and the "girl" chores? In other words, do you all have certain chores deemed to you and your spouse, or any others living in the house? Sometimes I think about how we run things, and I wonder if it's the same w/other people. Like, in my mind, taking the trash out will always be Trey's job (or possibly TJ's), and doing the dishes will always be mine (even though Trey does help me out with them--my love!). Well, just let me know what you think...

Alrighty, have a great day! I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:01 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mark

    Karla and I have never "established" rules around who does what but everything sorta falls into place.

    Garbage is mine, as is mowing the lawn, shovelling the driveway and cleaning the washrooms.

    I take care of the cat's litter box too (very essencial during pregnancy).

    I'm also the one responsible for any for of assembly (whether it's a dresser from Wal-Mart or a lawnmower from Home Depot), electrical or garage (gradge) type stuff.

    We both share dishes although Karla does them more than I do.

    Karla does so much around the house too like laundry, vacuuming, tidying up, all of the shopping (not including food, we do that together), making me lunch for work and she also keeps on top of both her and my busy schedules to make sure neither of us forget anything.

    Without her I'd be so lost!!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Let me think of what's close to 100% mine or his.

    Richard: car repair and maintenance, taking the trash to the curb (unless he forgets), building stuff, he cleans the kitchen nights I work, weedeating, cleaning out the shed, utility room, and attic

    Julia: Laundry (occassionally he helps if I ask), cooking, cleaning floors, yard work except weedeating and chopping branches off trees

    Most of the stuff he exclusively does is big jobs, but they only once in a while. Most of my stuff is small jobs that need to be done a lot.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger gina

    we like to divide and conquer. for instance, after dinner, one of us will do the dishes while the other gets the kids bathed and in pjs. to me, yard work, car maintance doesnt count because you dont do those every day! LOL.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger karla

    hahah...if you call loading a dishwasher doing dishes Mark!

    I am totally more the "inside" chore person and Mark is more the "outside" chore person. I'm sure I'll never find him pledging or windexing or rotating the cushions on the couch and vacuuming underneath them.

    Washing Floors is my least favorite chore. I wonder if I can pawn that one off on Mark....he used to mop floors when he worked at Harvey's ...he could totally do that! :)

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Mark

    I did more than mop the floors! I was cleaned that place to a sparkle...you could have eaten off the floors after I was done.

    However, something has happened in my old age. Arthritis in my arms and shoulders took me away from my career as a floor mopper and, alas, my dream of taking over the mopping chore for my wife is no more!

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Christi

    Oh, Daemon, you're so funny! Arthritis! Ha ha!

    So it's pretty interesting to see how the chores are split amongst you couples out there. I think it's interesting to see what you read, seeing as how for the most part, both spouses read this and commented. I wonder what the comments would have said had it only been the men or only been the women? I was just wondering if anyone else felt like sometimes the chores were a little disproportionate. Trey's main job is to take out the trash and do the outside stuff. Lucky him, since we live in a second floor apartment now!

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger karla

    Arthritis my ass! That's about as lame your diabetes excuse when you dont want to go shopping with me!

    (he doesnt even have diabetes)