Friday, March 25, 2005
Happy Maundy Thursday!
I honestly don't really have any idea what Maundy Thursday is, but I think the word Maundy sounds so neat! I was going to go to the service at church tonight, but Trey and TJ didn't get home until it was right about to start, so we didn't have time to get there. Oh well, we're going to the Good Friday service tomorrow. That should be nice.

I volunteered at TotTrade last night. I wasn't really looking forward to it. I really just wanted to go and shop since it was the 60% off day. However, I did it, and it was actually kinda fun. Now, don't get me wrong...I worked my ASS off! (it's gone, totally gone!) It was SO busy! Since I'm more pregnant than some of the other women there (that place was just a magnet for pregos and grandmas!), I got to run the cash register. They are so trustworthy, I think, since I am just a volunteer. Nonetheless, it was pretty easy for the most part. I don't think I ever stopped, though. I wasn't like all the other women working there. They all knew people, and everytime I'd look down the table to the other registers they were talking to someone. So, everyone would come to me to check out b/c I wasn't preoccupied. Thankfully I only had to cashier for about two and a half hours. I started at five, and they closed at seven. I was still checking out people till about 7:30, though. It was a lot of work, but it wasn't that bad. I got to talk to most of the people, if they were willing, and that was a lot of fun. I used to be a cashier, and I have to say it was the most fun job I've ever had. After that, I got to mark down all the tags that were 60% off. It wasn't hard, but it got old after a while. It seemed like the cards would NEVER end! There was a nice older lady there that was also a volunteer, although much more seasoned and practiced than me. We talked while we worked. I was scheduled till 9, and when the time came, I was ready to bolt b/c I hadn't eaten yet, and I was soooo tired after working all day then going straight there (I had to get a little shopping in first!). However, she talked me into staying to work on the cards for a while longer, b/c the sooner they were done, the faster we get our money from consignment sales. Plus, we were having fun talking. Anyone who's willing to listen to me wins my vote! I ended up staying there and working till about 10-10:15. Then, I was just itching to look at all the stuff that was left over. I didn't think I could, but the lady asked if I could and they were like, "Sure, anything you buy we don't have to sort." So I did a maniac sweep of the place and got some more maternity clothes and a couple of little clothing items for the kids (at 60% off!!!!!). It was so great! I didn't end up leaving there till about 10:45. I probably would have stayed longer, but Trey was calling and calling and calling and wondering where in the world I was! The best part is that they are having another one in September! I can't wait! I'm already trying to figure out what I can take! I'm going to get Trey a consignor number so I can sell more of TJ's clothes. I think that saving money and finding good deals might be some kind of sickness for me, b/c last night while I was working and seeing all the great stuff people were getting, it was making my chest tight and I was getting really antsy to go out and get my own stuff! My mom would be so proud!

So, tomorrow is Good Friday. We were supposed to be off from work, but they changed our schedule and didn't bother to let us know until Monday. I think that's really crappy and unprofessional. Especially since the way we were told was via email: "We were supposed to have Good Friday off. However, it was changed at a meeting before Christmas in which I was absent. So, we will have school as usual on Friday." Oh great and wonderful fearless leader! Well, I had plans, a LOT of them, already. I am now sick. Sucks to be sick on two Fridays in a row, especially since I will have to lose a few hours of pay to be sick, but I am. I have to go shopping, make cupcakes, make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, make cookies, die eggs w/TJ, clean the house, get everything organized...and I'm sure the list goes on...Wish me luck! I'm lucky Trey's also off so we can hopefully work together. I do still have to go to work, though, b/c my fearless leader boss scheduled me a "Mandatory Meeting" at 3:30 tomorrow (we get off at 3:45, mind you) for my one year evaluation. I'm not worried, b/c it doesn't mean a damn thing except to tell you what she thinks of your performance for the year. It's funny, b/c she never comes to see what we do, and she makes us keep our doors shut. Her way of checking on our classes is to look through the little glass window in the door for a few seconds, and then move on. So it will be interesting to see what she has to say about me and my performance. I wonder if number of absences counts in that? We'll see...Wish me luck!

Well, I must be going now. Need to sleep. I hope you all have a marvelous day, and I'll talk to you soon! Bye now!
 
posted by Christi at 12:41 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You have inherited your mother's knack for sales hunting. Speaking of your mom, I saw her last week in Home Depot. We just sort of passed by, and didn't chat. I assume she will be at his party tomorrow.