Friday, March 18, 2005
Time off...
Well, after an actual full week of teaching last week, I am now on day number two off of this week. I had a dr. appt. yesterday, and really, who wants to go back to work after that? Especially when you couldn't even eat breakfast and your hubby is off? Then I just wasn't feeling it today. Well, there went my leave for the month, but oh well, I'm happy!

So, it appears that I hang and converse with an intelligent lot. Of all of the people I know of who took the test I last posted, we all did very well. I, of course, thought I should have done better, but I'm sure it just had something to do with outside distractions or pregnant brain or something like that....Yeah, that's it! So congrats, all you smart people! It's nice to know ya!

Well, yesterday I had an exciting day. First I had the dr. thing, and that was about as fun as going to the dr. to drink icky orange soda filled with sugar can be. Then, on the way home I stopped by my old dr's. office to get a printout of my charges (for insurance), and found out I have a $60something credit, and they will send it to me asap. How great is that! Plus, I mailed off the last payment on Trey's car, so it's now paid off, and his insurance will be cheaper, too! Then, I stopped and got a big ol' coffee from a place my pastor raved about, I felt I earned it, and it wasn't too bad. To me, not so much worth the four dollars I had to pay, though. Still good. Once I had Trey and TJ, we went and dropped off my stuff I am consigning at TotTrade. I am about to bust now! TotTrade is this annual consigning event where all kinds of people bring in their "gently used" baby stuff to sell. It's HUGE! We walked around and looked at some of the stuff, and I'm sure my eyes were as big as basketballs the whole time. I could even see Trey get a little excited about seeing all the baby stuff! I can't wait till I can go at 8 tomorrow morning to buy stuff! You know if I'm willing to wake up at 8 on a Saturday, it's totally worth it! I have a list of things I want to get ,and I am about to pop to make sure I get there in time to get it all before someone else does! I can't imagine anything more fun in the world than getting cool stuff and saving money! I am just in limbo waiting now...I just wish I'd already had my showers, so I'd know what I'd still need. Well, we'll make it work. I was even told that my changing table was really nice, and that I should sell it easily. I hope they take checks!

Later in the day Trey and I dropped TJ off at wonderful and generous Wesley and Gina's house while we had a date night. We first went to eat at Chili's, which was nice. Then we went out to Bailey's, an Irish bar and grill, and met a guy from work named Doug and his wife, Alison. I had a great time. They are fun to talk to. Trey will deny having fun to his dying day, but I think he enjoyed it. He proclaims to hate people and being around them, but I think he liked it. It was nice just to be with other people for a change, and talk about new stuff other than work and home and all that. Of course, we stayed out way too late (did I mention how wonderful Gina and Wesley are?) for a school night, but it was totally worth it. I had fun, and it's not often I get to be around other people in a social situation like that.

While I'm thinking about that, I have a question for you. It's an opinion question. Okay, we went to Arby's yesterday for lunch, and while we were there, Trey taught TJ to say "Ca-ca". The next thing I know, TJ's screaming out "Ca-ca" over and over again in this busy restaurant at the top of his lungs, and laughing insanely. When I got mad at Trey, he said to stop. Then he proceeded to tell TJ to say, "Mommy's butt's broken, it has a crack in it." Again, as loud as his little lungs could make it come out, "Mommy's butt's broken...It has a crack in it!" Insane laughter again. This really infuriated me. Trey still does not see the problem. Doug and Alison thought it was funny. As did my brother (tisk, tisk). Is anyone on my side? Does anyone think this was not appropriate for a public place. I admit I think it's hilarious when TJ says it at home (the butt thing), but I prefer he not yell it out in a busy restaurant. I totally felt like everyone else was mumbling under their breath that we are morons and bad parents. Not that I care, really, except that I'm not, and I don't teach my son to be vulgar, and I don't want to be seen that way. So what do you think? Yes, you can tell me once you've stopped laughing....

Okay, well, I'll talk to you soon. I must go and see what inspired things you all have written now. Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 3:20 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I would probably be the same way. I've been told I'm too uptight and take things way too seriously, so I don't know if you would want my opinion on something like that.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger gina

    I KNOW you don't want my opinion, but here it is! LOLOL. i do not do potty language at all. i hate it. my kids think "bad words" are stink, stupid, hate, butt, dumb, freak, and a few more i cannot remember. I think Trey ought to chill out with his silly self and quit teaching my nephew vulgarities. rofl. my kids toot and go potty and have heineys or bums.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Mark

    Am I the only one who has had a horrible time posting comments lately? You click the button and it takes sometimes 15 minutes for the comment box to open...what's with that.

    Hey Christi? I hear that your butt is broken and it has a crack in it!

    8-)

    Although I understand why you don't like it in the restaurant I'm totally in line with Trey on this one. TJ has his whole life to be "very serious"...as adults we have most of our work days to be "very serious". I'm so damn tired of being "very serious" all the time. I think everyone in the world needs chill pill and this certainly worked! Tell Trey I said thanks for making me laugh!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Blogger is being weird for me too. Sometimes I post something and it doesn't appear for a while. Sometimes comments work fine, and sometimes they don't.

    I understand what you are saying about not having to be serious when you are a kid, but you can have fun and not be serious without being rude.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Blogger is being weird for me too. Sometimes I post something and it doesn't appear for a while. Sometimes comments work fine, and sometimes they don't.

    I understand what you are saying about not having to be serious when you are a kid, but you can have fun and not be serious without being rude.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Blogger is being weird for me too. Sometimes I post something and it doesn't appear for a while. Sometimes comments work fine, and sometimes they don't.

    I understand what you are saying about not having to be serious when you are a kid, but you can have fun and not be serious without being rude.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Blogger is being weird for me too. Sometimes I post something and it doesn't appear for a while. Sometimes comments work fine, and sometimes they don't.

    I understand what you are saying about not having to be serious when you are a kid, but you can have fun and not be serious without being rude.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Blogger is being weird for me too. Sometimes I post something and it doesn't appear for a while. Sometimes comments work fine, and sometimes they don't.

    I understand what you are saying about not having to be serious when you are a kid, but you can have fun and not be serious without being rude.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Christi

    Oh, Daemon, I can't wait to see if and what Karla says about this. I foresee you having this same moment in the all-to-near future. Don't get me wrong...I am not by any means a very serious person, especially when I should be. I think it's too funny, too. However, not when we're in a restaurant, even if it was fast food. Just imagine if you were sitting there, and you see this cute little boy over next to you. Suddenly, he starts yelling that his mom's butt is broken and Ca-ca! Not too appetizing!

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You are of course right in all things, including this.

    Mommy was clear on her boundaries and they were not respected. Bad Trey!

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger gina

    it is not a matter of being serious , i think it is teaching your kids nice manners and respect, which i think christi is trying to do here. if you want your kids to make you laugh and be funny, teach them a knock knock joke... not to be obnoxious /
    tell trey not to be mad at me. lol.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Christi

    I THINK YOUR JUST MAD BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BUSTED BUM.AND THAT TJ SOLD YOU OUT ON PATTIES DAY. AND HE DIDNT YELL HE JUST GOT REAL CLOSE TO YOUR EAR.AND ALL YOU IN DIS BELIEF WOULD OF ROLLED ON THE FLOOR IN TEARS

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger karla

    Hmmm...I can I be a fence sitter on this one? That way I dont have to say I disagree with my hubby?

    :)

    I dont think the word ca-ca or the butt joke is necessarily vulgar though, but not necessarily the most appropriate thing to yell out in public only because it's a bit disrespectful to mom. That would be my arguement...that its not nice to make fun of people because it can hurt their feelings.

    Funny was when TJ learned his fish died, then the next day said he ate his breakfast and it died too!

    Then again, who am I kidding. Kids will be kids...

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous